100 pound Pig Roast

Old 02-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Pete
Usenet poster

Default 100 pound Pig Roast

Hi Everyone,

You guys wanted me to let you know when I auction off a Pig Roast.

I donated one of my fabulous MOJO style Pig Roasts to the Channel 3 Kids
Camp. They will be auctioning it off May 6th at the Radison hotel in
Cromwell Connecticut. The winners function will be held anywhere in
Connecticut on July 2nd.

If you can't make it, tell a friend. Please. It's for a good cause.

Thanks for your help
Pete

Old 03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Pete -

This sounds like a win/ win for everyone. I have friends in that area
and I'll let them know about the auction!

Any clue what it'll go for?

Thanks!
Trey
www.outdoorculinary.com

Old 05-03-2005, 05:05 PM
adm
Usenet poster

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

You guys wanted me to let you know when I auction off a Pig Roast.

I donated one of my fabulous MOJO style Pig Roasts to the Channel 3 Kids
Camp. They will be auctioning it off May 6th at the Radison hotel in
Cromwell Connecticut. The winners function will be held anywhere in
Connecticut on July 2nd.

If you can't make it, tell a friend. Please. It's for a good cause.

Thanks for your help
Pete

Hi Pete,

I'd be interested in your technique for this as I am planning a pig roast in
a fe months time

(I'm just waiting for the pig to grow to the right size......)

Old 06-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Pete
Usenet poster

100 lb I get $950 anywhere in Connecticut.
Thanks for telling your friends

Pete
http://www.petethebutcher.com/ICook860529-6865.jpg

oups.com...

Old 06-03-2005, 11:16 PM
adm
Usenet poster

Nice one - cheers Pete.

I was already thinking about a 12 hour+ cook at around 200 or so....

But your comment on the skin is really interesting. How do you get it away
from the flesh ? I'm thinking using my hand where possible (just sliding
between the skin and flesh, through that fat layer), and a small
flensing/boning knife where you need it. A nice bit of rub in the fat there
would be awesome.

Now the real question - what do you cook in/on ? I don't really want to
build a full pig sized smoker for this, so was thinking more of digging a
pit, mounting the pig on some kind of rack (don't have the detail on this
yet...) and maybe covering with an arched piece of corrugated steel. I'll
probably use apple and cherry wood for this as the place I will be holding
the party has lots of nicely seasoned wood available....might throw in a few
firebricks for heat retention too. I'd light a big old fire in there, let it
burn well down then top up with more coals as necessary...

Old 07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
BOB
Usenet poster

Pete wrote:
Hi Everyone,

You guys wanted me to let you know when I auction off a
Pig Roast.

I donated one of my fabulous MOJO style Pig Roasts to the
Channel 3 Kids Camp. They will be auctioning it off May
6th at the Radison hotel in Cromwell Connecticut. The
winners function will be held anywhere in Connecticut on
July 2nd.

If you can't make it, tell a friend. Please. It's for a
good cause.

Thanks for your help
Pete

Pete,

This message is still here on my server...

BOB

Roast Shoulder or Chuck Roast Beef magnolia Recipes (moderated) 0 27-12-2004 05:41 AM
Roast Beef Kael Recipes (moderated) 0 21-12-2004 08:41 PM
Fair Trade (3 Stories) Dan Clore Coffee 0 21-06-2004 11:05 PM
Roast (6) Collection LuckyTrim Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 12:56 AM
Rib Roast with au Jus Sauce a La Nita [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 17-12-2003 12:17 PM