Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default REC: Diva Q's ribs

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/diva-q-ribs-recipe.htm

Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters
recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their
recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose.
Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food
for more tips.

INGREDIENTS
INJECTION
lime juice
chipotle powder
pineapple juice
canola oil
molasses
DIVA Q RIB RUB
cumin
cayenne pepper
chipotle peppers
paprika
DIVA RIB WRAP SLURRY
brown sugar
honey
apple juice
butter
ribs
PREPARATION:

Remove back flap. Trim to a St. Louis cut.
Apply rub, then place on cooker at 225-250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
Remove ribs from cooker and wrap. Cook another 2 hours.
Periodically baste with juices.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 9/15/2014 1:09 PM, Mayo wrote:
> http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/diva-q-ribs-recipe.htm
>
> Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters
> recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their
> recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose.
> Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food
> for more tips.
>
> INGREDIENTS
> INJECTION
> lime juice
> chipotle powder
> pineapple juice
> canola oil
> molasses
> DIVA Q RIB RUB
> cumin
> cayenne pepper
> chipotle peppers
> paprika
> DIVA RIB WRAP SLURRY
> brown sugar
> honey
> apple juice
> butter
> ribs
> PREPARATION:
>
> Remove back flap. Trim to a St. Louis cut.
> Apply rub, then place on cooker at 225-250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
> Remove ribs from cooker and wrap. Cook another 2 hours.
> Periodically baste with juices.

Too many ingredients for me. I just rub them and smoke them. Not a
single person has ever complained about my ribs and they were my late
husband's favorite.

We Texans are not known for watering down our meat while cooking it. We
even serve Barbecue sauce on the side, never on the meat.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 9/15/2014 7:03 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 9/15/2014 1:09 PM, Mayo wrote:
>> http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/diva-q-ribs-recipe.htm
>>
>> Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters
>> recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their
>> recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose.
>> Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food
>> for more tips.
>>
>> INGREDIENTS
>> INJECTION
>> lime juice
>> chipotle powder
>> pineapple juice
>> canola oil
>> molasses
>> DIVA Q RIB RUB
>> cumin
>> cayenne pepper
>> chipotle peppers
>> paprika
>> DIVA RIB WRAP SLURRY
>> brown sugar
>> honey
>> apple juice
>> butter
>> ribs
>> PREPARATION:
>>
>> Remove back flap. Trim to a St. Louis cut.
>> Apply rub, then place on cooker at 225-250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
>> Remove ribs from cooker and wrap. Cook another 2 hours.
>> Periodically baste with juices.

> Too many ingredients for me. I just rub them and smoke them. Not a
> single person has ever complained about my ribs and they were my late
> husband's favorite.
>
> We Texans are not known for watering down our meat while cooking it. We
> even serve Barbecue sauce on the side, never on the meat.

Texas BBQ is known for slat and a pepper and not much else, you're
purists who let the smoke do the talking, which is cool.

Given the choice between Texan BBQ and KC - it's Tejas all the way!

But there is merit in giving ribs a good flavor sauna too, as Diva Q does.

I believe they're from Portland, Or.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
HowStuffWorks "Diva Q's Ribs"

[...]

Wow..that recipe list looks like War and Peace. Don't forget to glaze with Texas Pepper Jelly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 9/15/2014 9:06 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:03:57 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> On 9/15/2014 1:09 PM, Mayo wrote:
>>> http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/diva-q-ribs-recipe.htm
>>>
>>> Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters
>>> recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their
>>> recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose.
>>> Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food
>>> for more tips.
>>>
>>> INGREDIENTS
>>> INJECTION
>>> lime juice
>>> chipotle powder
>>> pineapple juice
>>> canola oil
>>> molasses
>>> DIVA Q RIB RUB
>>> cumin
>>> cayenne pepper
>>> chipotle peppers
>>> paprika
>>> DIVA RIB WRAP SLURRY
>>> brown sugar
>>> honey
>>> apple juice
>>> butter
>>> ribs
>>> PREPARATION:
>>>
>>> Remove back flap. Trim to a St. Louis cut.
>>> Apply rub, then place on cooker at 225-250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
>>> Remove ribs from cooker and wrap. Cook another 2 hours.
>>> Periodically baste with juices.

>> Too many ingredients for me. I just rub them and smoke them. Not a
>> single person has ever complained about my ribs and they were my late
>> husband's favorite.
>>
>> We Texans are not known for watering down our meat while cooking it. We
>> even serve Barbecue sauce on the side, never on the meat.

> I don't know or care who this "Diva" is, but nobody in their right
> mind injects pork spare ribs (or back ribs).

Sure they do.

In fact Myron Mixon get the same results by brining them before the rub
goes on.

> And especially with LIME
> JUICE. And then it gets even more ridiculous when they wrap them for
> two hours, yet continue to baste them. Idiots, whoever or whatever
> they are.
>
> -sw

You have even less of a clue about cooking ribs than your trollish svengali.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default REC: Big Poppa Smoker's Spare Ribs

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/clarke-ribs-recipe.htm

Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters
recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their
recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose.
Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food
for more tips.

INGREDIENTS
RUB
mustard
salt
cayenne
chili powder
brown sugar
paprika
garlic powder
onion powder
WRAP
honey
brown sugar
liquid margarine
peach juice
spare ribs
PREPARATION:

Trim ribs to St. Louis style, remove membrane.
Coat a thin layer of mustard. Apply rub over mustard. Allow 15 min for
ribs to sit & absorb.
Cook at low temp for 3 hours, then place in wrap and return to heat for
another 45 min.
If necessary, place ribs for a short time on high heat to prefect
caramelization.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 9/16/2014 10:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/16/2014 8:14 PM, sf wrote:
>>

>> I went to alt.food.barbecue to see what that's all about. It's filled
>> with trolls and spam. Not one decent thread since June when Piedmont
>> wondered where everyone went. Hope there's a decent BBQ group to join
>> on Facebook.
>>

> Used to be a good group with a lot of good information and knowledgeable
> posters.. Faded away over a year ago.

Killed off by Marty and Squishy.