meat at costco

Old 16-06-2011, 07:16 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default meat at costco

on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb chops
for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and the
lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you like lamb
it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Old 16-06-2011, 09:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb chops
for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and
the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you like
lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
American lamb, lacking its subtle taste. It's not bad, just different. This
is particularly true of their boneless leg of lamb. This is just a "so you
know". We're great fans of all Costco meat. $6.99/lb for lamb chops is a
great price. We just had the same lamb chops at $10.99 and they were
excellent. I'm not aware that Costco does markdowns.

Kent

Old 16-06-2011, 09:55 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

when dh was looking at it there was a sign, so he asked if it was a used by
sale, worker said no its the new price, the way he got it, these are
adjusted weekly if need be. Lamb indeed does taste different from place to
place, but if treated well all have their own good qualities. Lee

Old 16-06-2011, 08:39 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

at ours, no racks or legs, just the chops at ten and change now lowered, Lee
"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:05:20 -0700, Kent wrote:

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
chops
for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him and
the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
like
lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
American lamb, lacking its subtle taste. It's not bad, just different.
This
is particularly true of their boneless leg of lamb. This is just a "so
you
know". We're great fans of all Costco meat. $6.99/lb for lamb chops is a
great price. We just had the same lamb chops at $10.99 and they were
excellent. I'm not aware that Costco does markdowns.

$10.99 is their rack of lamb, $6.99 is their lamb chops, and $4.99 is
their boneless leg of lamb.

New Zealand lamb kicks American lamb's butt. NZ lamb is much tastier.
American lamb isn't even worth buying, IMO - Not enough taste.

-sw

Old 17-06-2011, 03:42 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
[...]

You've obviously never had bone in Iowa leg of lamb slowly nursed up to 120F
on the grill with garlic and rosemary.

Kent

Old 17-06-2011, 05:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
Costco's lamb is from Australia and New Zealand and is different than
American lamb, lacking its subtle taste.

New Zealand lamb kicks American lamb's butt. NZ lamb is much tastier.
American lamb isn't even worth buying, IMO - Not enough taste.

In general New Zealand and Australian lamb is older and stronger
flavoured than lamb from USA or Canada. The reason is that they can
graze on grass from birth until going to market. Grass is free, so it
usually costs less. The grass leads to the stronger taste.

Lamb from the lower two thirds of USA is also grass fed, for the most
part, but they tend to go to market a bit sooner, so it has a less
pronounced taste.

Lamb from Alberta, Canada is entirley grain fed, since there is snow
on the ground from the time they are born until processed for market.
This means Alberta lamb is (A) younger and more tender (B) milder
tasting -- a benefit for some people who don't like strong tasting
lamb, and (C) it's more expensive due to the cost of the grain.
Old 22-06-2011, 12:49 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" wrote:
on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
chops for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to him
and the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if you
like lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9 ribs,
maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Old 22-06-2011, 01:09 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9 ribs,
maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

Nick's back. w00t!

OBBBQ: Need to rewire the cookshack model 50 yet again. The
wires dun burnt up for the second time.

--
Mort
Old 22-06-2011, 01:56 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 21, 4:49*pm, Nick Cramer wrote:

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

I suggest you get yourself a real keyboard and mouse if you didn't
already. Those are two reasons why I hate those damn things.

Welcome back from SEA.
Old 22-06-2011, 03:30 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Jun-2011, Nick Cramer wrote:

"Storrmmee" wrote:
on dh's most recent trip to costco he got ribeye or t bone, and lamb
chops for our dinners in the next few days, all of it looked great to
him
and the lamb had gone from 10.99 lb to 6.99 for the lamb chops, so if
you
like lamb it might be worth checkng out. Lee

Jun bought a rack of lamb for me. Either Kiwi or Aussie. $15.99/lb! 9
ribs,
maybe 1-1/2 lb. She smoked 'em rare with a localized hood on her Lodge
grill. Pricey, but man were they ever good!

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

--
Nick, KI6VAV.

Call 911 Mildred. It's gonna be a big one. Nick's back. I don't know if
I can survive the shock.

Welcome back Nick.

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)
Old 22-06-2011, 05:14 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq

On 6/21/2011 6:49 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn how
ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

Welcome back Nick. Agree with the others, get an external KB/Mouse.
Wireless if you can afford it.

Craig recently got rid of his Win98se system to. Maybe that OS has
finally had its' last boot up !!!

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...
Old 22-06-2011, 07:45 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
On Jun 21, 4:49=A0pm, Nick Cramer wrote:

Gone for 6 months. I sure have a lot of catchin' up to do! Gotta learn
ho=

ta use this laptop, too. Only took a week and the help of a half-dozen
techs from India to get online. Yippeeee!!!

I suggest you get yourself a real keyboard and mouse if you didn't
already. Those are two reasons why I hate those damn things.

Welcome back from SEA.

Thanks, man. Yep. I've gotta save up some $$$ and get a desktop.

Almost five years since I've been in Thailand. Maybe next spring?

Old 23-06-2011, 05:26 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Storrmmee" wrote:
what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee

Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

Old 23-06-2011, 11:28 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 23 Jun 2011 04:26:00 GMT, Nick Cramer
wrote:

"Storrmmee" wrote:
what a blessing to see you have returned, Lee

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Thanks, Lee. It's good to see y'all again!

Can't say I know you since I have only been with the group for a few
months, but someone who does BBQ, and a fellow ham, can't be a bad
guy! Welcome back