Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Beef Lifter Meat

It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
$2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site that
says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed rib
roast.

They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... <shurg> I'm at
a loss.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:24:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
> $2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
> packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site that
> says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed rib
> roast.
>
> They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... <shurg> I'm at
> a loss.

Dammit, I paid $2.75 for this Usenet thingy and I DEMAND answers!

(*)

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:24:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
>> $2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
>> packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site
>> that
>> says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed
>> rib
>> roast.
>>
>> They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... <shurg> I'm
>> at
>> a loss.

> Dammit, I paid $2.75 for this Usenet thingy and I DEMAND answers!
>
> (*)
>
> -sw

Don't worry, you'll get more answers than you can possibly handle!

Jar Lifter? JennB Preserving 5 06-12-2008 01:52 PM
Grip-Tite jar lifter George Shirley Preserving 33 16-03-2008 06:53 PM
Shredded Beef Taco Meat? Or Burrito Meat? The Spaminator General Cooking 19 06-11-2006 08:18 PM
Carboy lifter Dick Adams Winemaking 19 10-03-2006 01:29 PM
Old Jar Lifter Beka Preserving 7 17-09-2004 03:05 AM