Beef Lifter Meat

Old 22-08-2010, 07:24 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Beef Lifter Meat

It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
$2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site that
says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed rib
roast.

They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... shurg I'm at
a loss.

-sw
Old 24-08-2010, 07:15 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:24:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
$2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site that
says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed rib
roast.

They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... shurg I'm at
a loss.

Dammit, I paid $2.75 for this Usenet thingy and I DEMAND answers!

(*)

-sw
Old 24-08-2010, 07:19 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:24:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
$2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site
that
says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed
rib
roast.

They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... shurg I'm
at
a loss.

Dammit, I paid $2.75 for this Usenet thingy and I DEMAND answers!

(*)

-sw

Don't worry, you'll get more answers than you can possibly handle!