FoodBanter.com

-   -   Beef Lifter Meat (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/399888-beef-lifter-meat.html)

Sqwertz 22-08-2010 07:24 PM

Beef Lifter Meat

It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
$2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site that
says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed rib
roast.

They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... <shurg> I'm at
a loss.

-sw

Sqwertz 24-08-2010 07:15 PM

Beef Lifter Meat

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:24:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
> $2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
> packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site that
> says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed rib
> roast.
>
> They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... <shurg> I'm at
> a loss.

Dammit, I paid $2.75 for this Usenet thingy and I DEMAND answers!

(*)

-sw

Wallace 24-08-2010 07:19 PM

Beef Lifter Meat

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:24:53 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> It seems to some part of the rib. It was one of the more pricey cuts at
>> $2.29/lb. Could it be the deckle? Because that's what were in the
>> packages underneath the sign that said 'Lifter Meat'. I see one site
>> that
>> says they're similar, but another suggests it comes off of an untrimmed
>> rib
>> roast.
>>
>> They look about the size of deckles/brisket points, but .... <shurg> I'm
>> at
>> a loss.

> Dammit, I paid $2.75 for this Usenet thingy and I DEMAND answers!
>
> (*)
>
> -sw

Don't worry, you'll get more answers than you can possibly handle!