Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Cold Tomato and Shrimp "pie"

Another little summertime favorites that is great with 'que is to take a
couple tomatoes, slice them thinly and lay them out 2-3 layers deep on a
plate. These are then covered with fresh mozzarella, diced shrimp and diced
kalamata olives, S&P. Finally, drizzle on the juice of a lime or two and
cover with waxed paper. Place another plate on top of the waxed paper to
gently press the layers and refrigerate for a few hours. It can be gently
sliced into squares or pie-shaped pieces and served as either a salad or
cold side. We like it best with pulled pork sandwiches, but it's not bad
with ribs, burgers or other foods, either.

Nonny

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

omg tht would be great with a burger, Lee
"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> Another little summertime favorites that is great with 'que is to take a
> couple tomatoes, slice them thinly and lay them out 2-3 layers deep on a
> plate. These are then covered with fresh mozzarella, diced shrimp and
> diced kalamata olives, S&P. Finally, drizzle on the juice of a lime or
> two and cover with waxed paper. Place another plate on top of the waxed
> paper to gently press the layers and refrigerate for a few hours. It can
> be gently sliced into squares or pie-shaped pieces and served as either a
> salad or cold side. We like it best with pulled pork sandwiches, but it's
> not bad with ribs, burgers or other foods, either.
>
> Nonny

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> > Another little summertime favorites that is great with 'que is to take a
> > couple tomatoes, slice them thinly and lay them out 2-3 layers deep on a
> > plate. These are then covered with fresh mozzarella, diced shrimp and
> > diced kalamata olives, S&P. Finally, drizzle on the juice of a lime or
> > two and cover with waxed paper. Place another plate on top of the waxed
> > paper to gently press the layers and refrigerate for a few hours. It can
> > be gently sliced into squares or pie-shaped pieces and served as either a
> > salad or cold side. We like it best with pulled pork sandwiches, but it's
> > not bad with ribs, burgers or other foods, either.
> >
> > Nonny

> omg tht would be great with a burger, Lee

Or a cold pasta salad.

It does sound rather good! :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I would do those little bitty scallops for mine ans shrimps for dh, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>> > Another little summertime favorites that is great with 'que is to take
>> > couple tomatoes, slice them thinly and lay them out 2-3 layers deep on
>> > plate. These are then covered with fresh mozzarella, diced shrimp and
>> > diced kalamata olives, S&P. Finally, drizzle on the juice of a lime or
>> > two and cover with waxed paper. Place another plate on top of the
>> > waxed
>> > paper to gently press the layers and refrigerate for a few hours. It
>> > can
>> > be gently sliced into squares or pie-shaped pieces and served as either
>> > salad or cold side. We like it best with pulled pork sandwiches, but
>> > it's
>> > not bad with ribs, burgers or other foods, either.
>> >
>> > Nonny

>> omg tht would be great with a burger, Lee

> Or a cold pasta salad.
>
> It does sound rather good! :-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

The plate of it I made up over the weekend lasted the 2 of us for 3 meals.
One plate goes a long way, since it's just an appetizer.

Nonny

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> omg tht would be great with a burger, Lee
> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>> Another little summertime favorites that is great with 'que is to take a
>> couple tomatoes, slice them thinly and lay them out 2-3 layers deep on a
>> plate. These are then covered with fresh mozzarella, diced shrimp and
>> diced kalamata olives, S&P. Finally, drizzle on the juice of a lime or
>> two and cover with waxed paper. Place another plate on top of the waxed
>> paper to gently press the layers and refrigerate for a few hours. It can
>> be gently sliced into squares or pie-shaped pieces and served as either a
>> salad or cold side. We like it best with pulled pork sandwiches, but
>> it's not bad with ribs, burgers or other foods, either.
>>
>> Nonny

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Oh my gosh that sounds wonderful. We will be trying it as soon as our
late planted 'maters start ripening. Thanks for sharing!! Nan in DE

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonnymus" > wrote in
:

> The plate of it I made up over the weekend lasted the 2 of us for 3
> meals. One plate goes a long way, since it's just an appetizer.
>
> Nonny
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> omg tht would be great with a burger, Lee
>> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>>> Another little summertime favorites that is great with 'que is to
>>> take a couple tomatoes, slice them thinly and lay them out 2-3
>>> layers deep on a plate. These are then covered with fresh
>>> mozzarella, diced shrimp and diced kalamata olives, S&P. Finally,
>>> drizzle on the juice of a lime or two and cover with waxed paper.
>>> Place another plate on top of the waxed paper to gently press the
>>> layers and refrigerate for a few hours. It can be gently sliced
>>> into squares or pie-shaped pieces and served as either a salad or
>>> cold side. We like it best with pulled pork sandwiches, but it's
>>> not bad with ribs, burgers or other foods, either.
>>>
>>> Nonny

Nonny I know a late post but I was looking back for this dish. Is the
shrimp raw or cooked? I can see the lime and think maybe ceviche style
but a drizzle makes me wonder
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
> "Nonnymus" > wrote in
> :
>
>> The plate of it I made up over the weekend lasted the 2 of us for 3
>> meals. One plate goes a long way, since it's just an appetizer.
>>
>> Nonny
>>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>> omg tht would be great with a burger, Lee

> Nonny I know a late post but I was looking back for this dish. Is the
> shrimp raw or cooked? I can see the lime and think maybe ceviche style
> but a drizzle makes me wonder

The shrimp is cooked. I've not tried it ceviche, but imagine that it'd be
good. Personally, if doing it that way, I'd experiment with scallops as
well, and try it both with them acidified in and out of the rest of the pie,

Nonny