Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Breakfast in America

On 3-Jul-2010, Sqwertz > wrote:

> 2 eggs over easy with FGBP and labayo sauce. Hash browns with
> onions red pepper (potatoes O'brien, come to think of it) cooked
> in lamb fat and olive oil, with shrimp ceviche ala Sqwertz (Herdez
> Salsa Casera(*), onion, radish, cucumber, lemon juice, rice wine
> vinegar, salt, touch of celery seed - worked awesome!).
>
> This is what I mean about "inspiration". I saw Mike's shrimp
> ceviche tostada yesterday and was in the kitchen 5 minutes later
> making ceviche. The only thing I was missing was the tostada.
>
> It helps to have a lot of ingredients on hand.
>
> Which also allows me to make a decent lunch...
>
> -sw

If there's a nit to be picked some nit(wit) will pick it. But first,
great lunch plate Steve. And any pepper lover who has yet to
sample Labuyo chili sauce has a treat in store. Yes, the
spelling is "Labuyo" not "Labayo". After checking the spelling
on my bottle of "Mama Sita's" Pure Labuyo Red Hot Pepper
Sauce, I jumped on google and found this neat link. It thought
it was pretty interesting. The author makes a good case for
the origin of Labuyo being a mystery. But he does dispell
some common misconceptions about Sili Labuyo and peppers
in general. I didn't really learn much from it, but I enjoyed
reading it.

http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/sili-chilli
--
Brick said that