Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default abuser

good cat slave, LOL, lee
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> The price for King Crab varies. When it hits $7.00 per lb. I will buy
>> it. Most of the time tho', it's about twice that.
>>
>> It is a rare treat on my table...

> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab. I
> recently treated myself to 2 pounds and only shared some with one of my
> cats. He LOVES seafood, so it's a rare treat for him, too. They were
> $5.99 a pound.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Hey Lee! *waving*

Cheryl

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> good cat slave, LOL, lee
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> The price for King Crab varies. When it hits $7.00 per lb. I will buy
>>> it. Most of the time tho', it's about twice that.
>>>
>>> It is a rare treat on my table...

>> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab. I
>> recently treated myself to 2 pounds and only shared some with one of my
>> cats. He LOVES seafood, so it's a rare treat for him, too. They
>> were $5.99 a pound.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

thought that was you, Lee
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> Hey Lee! *waving*
>
> Cheryl
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> good cat slave, LOL, lee
>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>>

>>> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab. I
>>> recently treated myself to 2 pounds and only shared some with one of my
>>> cats. He LOVES seafood, so it's a rare treat for him, too. They
>>> were $5.99 a pound.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

>"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab.

What exactly is a snow crab "cluster"?

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>>"Cheryl" > wrote in message

>> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab.

> What exactly is a snow crab "cluster"?

"Hailing from the cold waters of the Bering Sea, snow crab clusters are one
of the most coveted products from one of the most inhospitable areas in the
world. Snow crab clusters consist of several snow crab legs from the same
side of crab together with the meaty potion holding the legs."

"Read mo How to Cook Snow Crab Clusters | eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/how_2306127_cook-snow-crab-clusters.html#ixzz0sNo0nNFh"

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> >"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> > I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab.

> What exactly is a snow crab "cluster"?
>

> Steve

Basically a cleaned and shelled crab broken in half. It has the body
meat, 4 legs and the claw leg:

<
http://www.seafoodblog.net/wp-conten...h-snow-crab-di
nner.gif>

Fortunately, dungeness crab clusters are more widely available for a
comparable price when they are in season.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> >>"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> >> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab.

> > What exactly is a snow crab "cluster"?

> "Hailing from the cold waters of the Bering Sea, snow crab clusters are one
> of the most coveted products from one of the most inhospitable areas in the
> world. Snow crab clusters consist of several snow crab legs from the same
> side of crab together with the meaty potion holding the legs."
>

> "Read mo How to Cook Snow Crab Clusters | eHow.com
> http://www.ehow.com/how_2306127_cook-snow-crab-clusters.html#ixzz0sNo0nNFh"

I had an epiphany a few years ago and have had better luck with
preparing crab clusters ever since. :-)

Snow crab clusters are only sold (at least in my geographical vicinity)
pre-cooked and frozen or thawed in the seafood case or in cellophane
wrapped packages.

Since they are pre-cooked to perfection, my thought was "why cook them
more, especially since by the time you finish shelling them, they are
cold anyway?".

So now, I just thaw them like any other meat. When they are to the point
where I can crack them and remove the thawed cooked meat, I re-heat ONLY
the shelled meat in whatever dipping sauce I'm going to serve them with.
In my case, it's melted lemon butter with a bit of granulated garlic.

No more overcooked dried out crab...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> I had an epiphany a few years ago and have had better luck with
> preparing crab clusters ever since. :-)
>
> Snow crab clusters are only sold (at least in my geographical vicinity)
> pre-cooked and frozen or thawed in the seafood case or in cellophane
> wrapped packages.
>
> Since they are pre-cooked to perfection, my thought was "why cook them
> more, especially since by the time you finish shelling them, they are
> cold anyway?".
>
> So now, I just thaw them like any other meat. When they are to the point
> where I can crack them and remove the thawed cooked meat, I re-heat ONLY
> the shelled meat in whatever dipping sauce I'm going to serve them with.
> In my case, it's melted lemon butter with a bit of granulated garlic.
>
> No more overcooked dried out crab...

I only buy them when I'm going to immediately eat them when I get home.
Usually right at the counter top. LOL I have them steamed with Old Bay in
the grocery store seafood dept and they're hot and ready for eating when I
get home and get the groceries put away. Just melt some butter, and I'm in
heaven for a little while.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news >
> > I had an epiphany a few years ago and have had better luck with
> > preparing crab clusters ever since. :-)
> >
> > Snow crab clusters are only sold (at least in my geographical vicinity)
> > pre-cooked and frozen or thawed in the seafood case or in cellophane
> > wrapped packages.
> >
> > Since they are pre-cooked to perfection, my thought was "why cook them
> > more, especially since by the time you finish shelling them, they are
> > cold anyway?".
> >
> > So now, I just thaw them like any other meat. When they are to the point
> > where I can crack them and remove the thawed cooked meat, I re-heat ONLY
> > the shelled meat in whatever dipping sauce I'm going to serve them with.
> > In my case, it's melted lemon butter with a bit of granulated garlic.
> >
> > No more overcooked dried out crab...

> I only buy them when I'm going to immediately eat them when I get home.
> Usually right at the counter top. LOL I have them steamed with Old Bay in
> the grocery store seafood dept and they're hot and ready for eating when I
> get home and get the groceries put away. Just melt some butter, and I'm in
> heaven for a little while.

I personally find Old Bay to be excellent with fish and shrimp. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> >"Cheryl" > wrote in message

>> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab.

> What exactly is a snow crab "cluster"?
>

> Steve

It is a section of the crab that includes half of the body, and the first
segment(s) of four of the legs. Guts removed, of course. Sometimes sold in
half bodies, sometimes whole bodies, but with legs attached.

HTH

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Steve B > wrote:

>"Steve Pope" > wrote in message

>> >"Cheryl" > wrote in message

>>> I feel that way about snow crab clusters. That's my favorite crab.

>> What exactly is a snow crab "cluster"?

>It is a section of the crab that includes half of the body, and the first
>segment(s) of four of the legs. Guts removed, of course. Sometimes sold in
>half bodies, sometimes whole bodies, but with legs attached.

Thanks to all who answered.

(I was picturing something more like four or five crabs tangled up
in a ball.)

Steve

abuser blake murphy[_2_] Barbecue 4 04-07-2010 04:21 PM
abuser blake murphy[_2_] Barbecue 0 01-07-2010 11:50 PM
abuser blake murphy[_2_] Barbecue 0 01-07-2010 11:27 PM
abuser blake murphy[_2_] Barbecue 0 01-07-2010 11:26 PM
abuser blake murphy[_2_] Barbecue 0 01-07-2010 11:23 PM