Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Best wood for beef?

On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:29:40 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Chemiker > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 26 May 2010 19:35:52 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:

>> >For the pork loin, look up my Canadian bacon instructions. It's very
>> >good!

>> Om, I think I have that on my cptr smewhere. I know I downloaded it...
>>
>> Alex

>Follow my sig link. The album is still there. :-)

You're a dear! SWMBO likes it and I have that loin just lookin' for a
home!.

Thank you!

Alex
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Chemiker > wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:29:40 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Chemiker > wrote:

> >> Om, I think I have that on my cptr smewhere. I know I downloaded it...
> >>
> >> Alex

> >Follow my sig link. The album is still there. :-)

> You're a dear! SWMBO likes it and I have that loin just lookin' for a
> home!.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Alex

You are most welcome! That stuff truly turned out well. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Charly Horse > wrote in
:

> Some of the best BBQ in my memory was a mesquite smoked brisket from a
> place in Alpine Tx way back too many years ago. Before Big Bend was
> crowded. It was not overpowered by smoke and of course it probably
> was helped by the fact I'd been camping solo in Big Bend for 10 days
> and eaten nothing but granola and canned ham
>
> Steve Calvin > wrote in
> :
>
>> Dave Bugg wrote:

>>> True enough. My 'beef' with mesquite has never been about the flavor
>>> per se. It is more about the ease of crossing the line from flavor
>>> to absolute putrid bitterness. I learned early, and nearly ruined an
>>> ECB in the process (it wanted to retain the bitterness from the
>>> smoke and pass it on during other bbq sessions). Mesquite also burns
>>> 'hotter' than most other woods, so it is more difficult to control
>>> for bbq cooking. To use mesquite, one should always remain diligent
>>> and be very cautious.

>> Well, the campfire crack was more "tongue in cheek" but also
>> semi-true (for us anyhow)
>>
>> We're definitely in the "others don't" camp for meats. SWMBO does
>> love me to do some chicken hinted with mesquite. So I do a bunch of
>> that in the wsm periodically and she vac seals it and into the
>> freezer but on meat, we're in the "no thank you" camp.... As said
>> earlier, YMMV. Some people love the flavor I guess, everyone has
>> their own likes and dislikes, which is part of what makes things
>> interesting.
>>
>> I'd still go with the pecan and maybe apple. ;-)

we might have vistited same place brisket was killer about 78
or so. cors it mighta been the previous 10 days eatin what ever
was in knapsack. But i do recall a place in alpine thet had the
most succulent mesquite brisket i ever had

Is old wood good wood? Bruce K. Barbecue 3 01-11-2013 12:51 AM
Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef) Peter General Cooking 46 31-07-2006 04:03 PM
Wood ???? Black Beard Barbecue 5 01-02-2005 03:55 AM
I eat only insects and wood ! Harlan Osier Diabetic 6 15-07-2004 07:51 AM
Wet or Dry Wood? Stephen Russell Barbecue 19 13-05-2004 01:46 AM