Different ways to use leftover pulled pork?

Old 07-09-2004, 10:20 PM
BOB
Usenet poster

Duwop wrote:
Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

TIA

Dale
--

After reading all the other responses, about the only idea I can come up with
is...plain, with a fork.

BOB

Old 07-09-2004, 11:35 PM
BurbankTony
Usenet poster

"Duwop" wrote in message ...
Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

TIA

Dale

When I have my next bbq, I take the leftover pulled pork and mix it in
with some baked beans and put the dish in the smoker with what I'm
smoking.

Burbank Tony

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Jeanine Hoffman
Usenet poster

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:03 -0700, "Duwop" wrote:

Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

TIA

Dale

Omlets, casseroles of various kinds, pasta sauce, frittata, soup....ok
I'm out of stuff. I tend to freeze and either give it away or use it
for quick meals once in a while.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:35 AM
just joe
Usenet poster

Split pea soup. Yum.

um, ah, split pea soup, um ah.
swmbo told me she hated split pea soup. good for her, no sharing on my part.
then she tasted MY sps. "hey, this isn't like the sps that they served us in
the grade school cafeteria" damn straight it's not. now she thinks that she
has rights to it....................

still too hot to be thinking about soups and chili, but sps is on my
mind......

joe
psg, ak

Old 08-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Jeff Russell
Usenet poster

Make a soup with it and some greens.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Mike Miruski
Usenet poster

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:03 -0700, "Duwop" wrote:

Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

TIA

Dale

Just watched some Bobby Flay on FoodTV; subject was BBQ.

There were a couple of interesting dishes from restaurants in Austin,
TX and Memphis.

One was for nachos with pulled pork. The other for spagetti with
pulled pork and BBQ sauce.

You might find something about them on foodtv.com (which I doubt) or
you can just experiment.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:24 AM
kilikini
Usenet poster

"Randolph M. Jones" wrote in message
Duwop wrote:
Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

Split pea soup. Yum.

Oooh, I like that idea.

kili

Old 08-09-2004, 02:27 AM
kilikini
Usenet poster

"Matthew Brown" wrote in message

"Duwop" wrote in message
Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

TIA

Dale
--

Pizza

You could even make a Barbecue Pizza with BBQ sauce instead of Tomato

Sauce,
but if you are sick of Barbecue Sauce-- Just a regular Pizza with Pork,
Mushrooms, Onions, etc. would make my mouth water--- as a matter of fact

it
is

Matthew Brown
Memphis

Yes, pulled pork on pizza is excellent.

kili

pulled pork jmcquown General Cooking 57 16-07-2004 05:10 PM
Pork Hocks (4) Collection Marlene C. Recipes (moderated) 0 13-01-2004 02:13 PM
Pork Carnitas (5) Collection Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 23-12-2003 01:40 AM
Reheating & serving pulled pork? Bill Hortin Barbecue 2 24-10-2003 01:12 AM