Bud

Default Kentucky Barbecue Joints

Any suggestions on a good Kentucky BBQ joint? We're traveling near London,
KY this weekend. Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

Louis Cohen

This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
it someday.

http://www.moonlite.com/

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Bud" > wrote in message
.. .
> Any suggestions on a good Kentucky BBQ joint? We're traveling near

London,
> KY this weekend. Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

DAve

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:34:32 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

>This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
>it someday.
>
>http://www.moonlite.com/

IMO don't bother I am from KY and the mutton is good but nothing
compared to what you can create in your own yard.
A lot of people like moonlites stuff but I don't see what all the fuss
is about. Of course once you start making your own you do become
something of a snob.

Dave

DAve

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:34:32 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

>This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
>it someday.
>
>http://www.moonlite.com/

IMO don't bother I am from KY and the mutton is good but nothing
compared to what you can create in your own yard.
A lot of people like moonlites stuff but I don't see what all the fuss
is about. Of course once you start making your own you do become
something of a snob.

Dave

M&M

On 31-Aug-2004, "Louis Cohen" > wrote:

> This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
> it someday.
>
> http://www.moonlite.com/

> ----
> Louis Cohen
> Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"
>

> "Bud" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Any suggestions on a good Kentucky BBQ joint? We're traveling near

> London,
> > KY this weekend. Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

Perhaps no one else noticed, but that link tries to fire up "http://www.
siteseal.thawte.com" on top of the BBQ site. God only knows what
that is and I don't care to find out. My McAfee firewall caught it.

M&M.

Reg

M&M wrote:

> Perhaps no one else noticed, but that link tries to fire up "http://www.
> siteseal.thawte.com" on top of the BBQ site. God only knows what
> that is and I don't care to find out. My McAfee firewall caught it.

Thawte is an SSL secure ordering site. Don't know why it would upset
McAfee.

M&M

On 1-Sep-2004, Reg > wrote:

> M&M wrote:
>
> > Perhaps no one else noticed, but that link tries to fire up "http://www.
> > siteseal.thawte.com" on top of the BBQ site. God only knows what
> > that is and I don't care to find out. My McAfee firewall caught it.

> Thawte is an SSL secure ordering site. Don't know why it would upset
> McAfee.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

McAfee doesn't get upset. It warns me if any site that I didn't ask for
tries to open. In this case it identified the BBQ link as the site I asked
for and threw up a warning when the other site tried to open as well.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Reg

M&M wrote:

> McAfee doesn't get upset. It warns me if any site that I didn't ask for
> tries to open. In this case it identified the BBQ link as the site I asked
> for and threw up a warning when the other site tried to open as well.

It's connecting to the site, but it's not exactly trying to "open",
as in open another page.

What's ironic is that the Thwarte site functions to authenticate SSL
certificates, i.e. it's supposed to reassure users that they're not
getting scammed. In this case it ended up triggering a McAfee warning
and being anything other than reassuring.

Louis Cohen

Do you know what cut of mutton they use? Legs? Shoulders? Ribs?

Thanks

----

"DAve" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:34:32 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> > wrote:
>
> >This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to

try
> >it someday.
> >
> >http://www.moonlite.com/

> IMO don't bother I am from KY and the mutton is good but nothing
> compared to what you can create in your own yard.
> A lot of people like moonlites stuff but I don't see what all the fuss
> is about. Of course once you start making your own you do become
> something of a snob.
>
> Dave

Louis Cohen

"DAve" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:34:32 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> > wrote:
>
> >This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to

try
> >it someday.
> >
> >http://www.moonlite.com/

> IMO don't bother I am from KY and the mutton is good but nothing
> compared to what you can create in your own yard.
> A lot of people like moonlites stuff but I don't see what all the fuss
> is about. Of course once you start making your own you do become
> something of a snob.
>
> Dave

DAve

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:37:18 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

>Do you know what cut of mutton they use? Legs? Shoulders? Ribs?
>
>Thanks

It is pulled like pork shoulder so I would assume some sort of
shoulder/leg/rump any roast type cut.

for the original poster you being in london this discussion is kinda
moot as owensboro is a good ways away. Sorry but I am in Western KY
and don't know anything about the joints in S Central KY

Dave

DAve

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:37:18 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

>Do you know what cut of mutton they use? Legs? Shoulders? Ribs?
>
>Thanks

It is pulled like pork shoulder so I would assume some sort of
shoulder/leg/rump any roast type cut.

for the original poster you being in london this discussion is kinda
moot as owensboro is a good ways away. Sorry but I am in Western KY
and don't know anything about the joints in S Central KY

Dave

33 best BBQ joints in America ChairMan[_5_] Barbecue 3 25-09-2013 04:57 PM
Que joints near DFW Jeff Jacks Barbecue 8 10-07-2007 10:52 PM
Barbecue Joints Robert Sparkman Barbecue 0 01-09-2004 05:18 AM
Oxford NC Q joints? JD Barbecue 2 11-12-2003 05:13 PM
Barbecue joints in Columbus, OH? Bill Le May Barbecue 6 30-10-2003 06:53 PM