Kentucky Barbecue Joints

Old 01-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Bud
Usenet poster

Default Kentucky Barbecue Joints

Any suggestions on a good Kentucky BBQ joint? We're traveling near London,
KY this weekend. Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

Old 01-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Louis Cohen
Usenet poster

This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
it someday.

http://www.moonlite.com/

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37 43' 7.9" W122 8' 42.8"

.. .

Old 01-09-2004, 04:12 AM
DAve
Usenet poster

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:34:32 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
wrote:

This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
it someday.

http://www.moonlite.com/

IMO don't bother I am from KY and the mutton is good but nothing
compared to what you can create in your own yard.
A lot of people like moonlites stuff but I don't see what all the fuss
is about. Of course once you start making your own you do become
something of a snob.

Dave

Old 01-09-2004, 08:52 AM
M&M
Usenet poster

On 31-Aug-2004, "Louis Cohen" wrote:

This place is famous for their mutton. I've never been, but I'd like to try
it someday.

http://www.moonlite.com/

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37 43' 7.9" W122 8' 42.8"

"Bud" wrote in message
.. .
Any suggestions on a good Kentucky BBQ joint? We're traveling near

London,
KY this weekend. Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

Perhaps no one else noticed, but that link tries to fire up "http://www.
siteseal.thawte.com" on top of the BBQ site. God only knows what
that is and I don't care to find out. My McAfee firewall caught it.

M&M.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Reg
Usenet poster

M&M wrote:

Perhaps no one else noticed, but that link tries to fire up "http://www.
siteseal.thawte.com" on top of the BBQ site. God only knows what
that is and I don't care to find out. My McAfee firewall caught it.

Thawte is an SSL secure ordering site. Don't know why it would upset
McAfee.

Old 01-09-2004, 10:26 AM
M&M
Usenet poster

On 1-Sep-2004, Reg wrote:

M&M wrote:

Perhaps no one else noticed, but that link tries to fire up "http://www.
siteseal.thawte.com" on top of the BBQ site. God only knows what
that is and I don't care to find out. My McAfee firewall caught it.

Thawte is an SSL secure ordering site. Don't know why it would upset
McAfee.

McAfee doesn't get upset. It warns me if any site that I didn't ask for
tries to open. In this case it identified the BBQ link as the site I asked
for and threw up a warning when the other site tried to open as well.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Old 01-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Reg
Usenet poster

M&M wrote:

McAfee doesn't get upset. It warns me if any site that I didn't ask for
tries to open. In this case it identified the BBQ link as the site I asked
for and threw up a warning when the other site tried to open as well.

It's connecting to the site, but it's not exactly trying to "open",
as in open another page.

What's ironic is that the Thwarte site functions to authenticate SSL
certificates, i.e. it's supposed to reassure users that they're not
getting scammed. In this case it ended up triggering a McAfee warning
and being anything other than reassuring.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Louis Cohen
Usenet poster

Do you know what cut of mutton they use? Legs? Shoulders? Ribs?

Thanks

----

Old 03-09-2004, 01:47 AM
DAve
Usenet poster

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:37:18 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
wrote:

Do you know what cut of mutton they use? Legs? Shoulders? Ribs?

Thanks

It is pulled like pork shoulder so I would assume some sort of
shoulder/leg/rump any roast type cut.

for the original poster you being in london this discussion is kinda
moot as owensboro is a good ways away. Sorry but I am in Western KY
and don't know anything about the joints in S Central KY

Dave

LC Barbecue Vicki Beausoleil Diabetic 0 06-05-2004 10:32 PM
Low-Carb Barbecue (6) Collection Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 04-05-2004 02:41 PM
"The Clash of the Barbecue Titans" OhJeeez Barbecue 4 14-03-2004 09:28 PM
Barbecue joints in Columbus, OH? Bill Le May Barbecue 6 30-10-2003 05:53 PM