Boots Crofoot

Default smoking ribs

I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
can it be left on?

--
boots

Jack Curry

"Boots Crofoot" > wrote in message
. ..
> I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> can it be left on?
>
> --
> boots

Bark is fine, won't hurt anything.

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

"Boots Crofoot" > wrote in message
. ..
> I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> can it be left on?
>
> --
> boots

Bark is fine, won't hurt anything.

Jack Curry

Duwop

Boots Crofoot wrote:
> I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> can it be left on?

Left on is fine, you just dont want pieces that are 70% bark is all. Which
would be difficult with apple's generally thin bark anyway.
These are from last fall?

Duwop

Boots Crofoot wrote:
> I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> can it be left on?

Left on is fine, you just dont want pieces that are 70% bark is all. Which
would be difficult with apple's generally thin bark anyway.
These are from last fall?

Dave Bugg

Boots Crofoot wrote:

> I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> can it be left on?

If it is seasoned it can be left on. If it is green, it is best to pre-burn
the wood to near coals before cooking with it.

Dave Bugg

Boots Crofoot wrote:

> I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> can it be left on?

If it is seasoned it can be left on. If it is green, it is best to pre-burn
the wood to near coals before cooking with it.

Monroe, of course...

In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:01:24 -0500, "Boots Crofoot"
> > wrote:
>
> >I want to use apple wood when i smoke the ribs and my
> >question is do i have to remove the bark from the wood or
> >can it be left on?

> Apple trees have bark?

not like dogwoods---ruff!

monroe(hard cider can be hair of the dog tho)
M&M

Leave it on. Either pre-burn to get rid of the gasses 'OR' make
sure that your fire is hot enough when you add fuel that the
gasses burn instantly instead of depositing on your food. If
you're just using the apple for smoke on top of an existing
throttled down fire, don't do it. It's going to smolder and you're
not going to like the result.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

smoking ribs for a crowd Frank Levesque Barbecue 22 13-06-2011 12:04 PM
You think I'm NOT smoking ribs? Bradley V. Stone Barbecue 0 22-09-2007 11:18 PM
Smoking Ribs ? Dimitri Barbecue 8 31-07-2007 06:14 AM
Smoking Pork ribs April W. Barbecue 4 14-09-2004 09:21 PM
Back Ribs vs Spare Ribs - Cooking/Smoking/Grilling Bob Hayden Barbecue 6 05-01-2004 06:46 PM