Steven T King

Default horseradish sauce recipes?

hey folks -

thought Id try out some of the horseradish that I planted last fall - anyone
have any recommendations for a good hoseradish sauce recipe?

thanx!

stk

Reg

Steven T King wrote:

> thought Id try out some of the horseradish that I planted last fall - anyone
> have any recommendations for a good hoseradish sauce recipe?

Here's what I put on prime rib. Very simple

1 part freshly grated horseradish
4 parts sour cream
Chopped chives
S&P to taste

You can also make your own 'prepared' horseradish using vinegar,
but I prefer the above.

Dimitri

"Steven T King" > wrote in message
> hey folks -
>
> thought Id try out some of the horseradish that I planted last fall -

anyone
> have any recommendations for a good hoseradish sauce recipe?
>
> thanx!
>
> stk

Here is a basic recipe.

Dimitri

Dig horseradish in sprig of year or any month that has an "R" in it. Hose
dirt off roots, then scrub in cold water. Peel with potato peeler like a
carrot. Chop into 2 inch pieces.

In blender put: 3/4 c. white vinegar
1 c. chopped horseradish
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

Blend until smooth and fine, stopping and starting blender. Put into
gallon jar or large clean jars. When full put layer of plastic between jar
and cover. When ready to give as gifts or to sell, pack into small clean
jars and put plastic wrap between jar and cover as it will corrode cover. A
delight for horseradish lovers! Enjoy!

Dan Krueger

The best recipe I stole was...

Cold Whipping Cream in a carton like you got your milk in school.
Cold Bowl (put it in the freezer for a while)

Start your blender. We have a countertop version (not handheld). Add whipping
cream and run it on high gradually lowering to 3/4 speed.

When this stuff turns into cool whip-like whipped cream, add your horseradish.
I use the stuff in a bottle so you will have to grind it up.

Keep adding more until it's tasting good.

Add a little more.

Keep it cold until you serve it.

Dan