salchichon

Default STUMP morterless brick smoker

good morning...

i'm trying to research the STUMP morterless brick smoker. i've seen
several refernces to it in afb, but none of the links to web pages or
pictures work.

does someone have active, working links and/or pictures of the STUMP
cooker? if someone has experience using one, i have a bunch of
questions i'd like to ask.

thanks in advance...

scott
Kevin S. Wilson

On 18 May 2004 07:18:23 -0700, (salchichon)
wrote:

>good morning...
>
>i'm trying to research the STUMP morterless brick smoker. i've seen
>several refernces to it in afb, but none of the links to web pages or
>pictures work.
>
>does someone have active, working links and/or pictures of the STUMP
>cooker? if someone has experience using one, i have a bunch of
>questions i'd like to ask.

http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/stump.htm

That's Ed Pawlowski's smoker.

His site is he

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/index.html

More homemade smokers he

http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/pits.htm
--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
frohe

salchichon wrote:
> does someone have active, working links and/or pictures of the STUMP
> cooker? if someone has experience using one, i have a bunch of
> questions i'd like to ask.

Well, you're in luck times 2.

Here's a website showing the STUMP
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/stump.htm

And Ed Pawlowski who apparently designed the STUMP hangs out here.
Give him a PING!
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

salchichon

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in message >. ..
> On 18 May 2004 07:18:23 -0700, (salchichon)
> wrote:
>
> >good morning...
> >
> >i'm trying to research the STUMP morterless brick smoker. i've seen
> >several refernces to it in afb, but none of the links to web pages or
> >pictures work.
> >
> >does someone have active, working links and/or pictures of the STUMP
> >cooker? if someone has experience using one, i have a bunch of
> >questions i'd like to ask.

http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/stump.htm

> That's Ed Pawlowski's smoker.
>
> His site is he
>
> http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/index.html
>

> More homemade smokers he
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/pits.htm

kevin...

thanks for the response. i have seen those sites, and there's not
alot of detail there. maybe i'm looking more for personal experinces
on how the cooker is built (is it a commercial product or built from
ed's plans?), cooking area size, can it be used just to burn some
burgers in grilling fashion also besides smoking, can i use brickettes
or does it just take wood, etc.

thanks again kevin...

scott
Kevin S. Wilson

On 18 May 2004 11:01:20 -0700, (salchichon)
wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in message >. ..

http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/stump.htm

>> That's Ed Pawlowski's smoker.
>> His site is he
>> http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/index.html
>>
>> More homemade smokers he

>kevin...
>
>thanks for the response. i have seen those sites, and there's not
>alot of detail there.

E-mail your questions to Ed at esp AT snet.net
--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Edwin Pawlowski

"salchichon" > wrote in message

> i'm trying to research the STUMP morterless brick smoker. i've seen
> several refernces to it in afb, but none of the links to web pages or
> pictures work.
>
> does someone have active, working links and/or pictures of the STUMP
> cooker? if someone has experience using one, i have a bunch of
> questions i'd like to ask.

The original STUMP was the brainchild of Randy Dewberry. He sold the
hardware and you supplied your own firebrick. I think Randy found he would
have to charge too much in order to make it a profitable venture.

Assembly was just following a simple drawing. You laid out some brick flat
on the ground for the base. As you build up the back you put some metal
corner pieces in place. After everything was in place, you just tightened
up the nuts on the rods joining the corners and it was done. Inside is an
aluminum frame with expanded metal to hold the food.

I use it by starting out with some charcoal to get it heated, then add wood
as it goes along. You control the temperature by opening or closing the air
intake by moving a brick. If you want some radiant heat, you just pushed
some of the burning colas to the back so they would be directly under the
cooking grate.

It is plenty big for a few people, not sufficient for a big crowd. It will
fit a couple of chickens or a good sized hunk of beef.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

salchichon

"frohe" > wrote in message >...
> salchichon wrote:
> > does someone have active, working links and/or pictures of the STUMP
> > cooker? if someone has experience using one, i have a bunch of
> > questions i'd like to ask.

> Well, you're in luck times 2.
>
> Here's a website showing the STUMP
> http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/stump.htm
>
> And Ed Pawlowski who apparently designed the STUMP hangs out here.
> Give him a PING!

i'll do that

thanks...