Scott T. Jensen

Default Tomato-less BBQ sauce?

I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy), nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...

BOB

Scott T. Jensen wrote:
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?
>
> Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy), nuts,
> chocolate, and cloves.
>
> Scott Jensen

An Eastern North Carolina sauce...

Cider Vinegar
black pepper
red pepper flakes
cayenne pepper
salt

"all" to taste

or, add mustard to the above and you'll have a South Carolina sauce

BOB

frohe

Scott T. Jensen wrote:
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?

1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs red pepper flakes
S&P to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Mix everthing in a bowl.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Ralph Wooten

"Scott T. Jensen" > wrote in message
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?
>
> Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
> chocolate, and cloves.
>
> Scott Jensen
> --
> Got a business question, problem, or dream?
> Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...
> misc.business.consulting, misc.business.marketing.moderated
> misc.business.moderated, and misc.entrepreneurs.moderated

Equal parts yellow mustard, cider vinegar, honey. Through in some salt to
taste and add cayenne for a kick. This is particularly good on pulled pork.

BOB

frohe wrote:
> Scott T. Jensen wrote:
>> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
>> tomato-less BBQ sauce?

> 1 cup distilled white vinegar
> 1 cup cider vinegar
> 1 Tbs sugar
> 2 Tbs red pepper flakes
> S&P to taste
> Garlic powder to taste
>
> Mix everthing in a bowl.
> --
> -frohe
> Life is too short to be in a hurry

OK, I forgot the sugar.

BOB

Tyler Hopper

"Scott T. Jensen" > wrote in message
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?
>
> Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy), nuts,
> chocolate, and cloves.
>
> Scott Jensen

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

_________
ht_redneck

Monroe, of course...

In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:19:03 GMT, "Tyler Hopper"
> > wrote:
>
> >Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

> That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.

Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

monroe(just like mom used to make)
Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> wrote:

>In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:19:03 GMT, "Tyler Hopper"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

>> That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.
>>

>Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.
>
>monroe(just like mom used to make)

with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

Harry
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:08:44 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> wrote:
>
>>In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:19:03 GMT, "Tyler Hopper"

>>> That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.
>>>

>>Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.
>>
>>monroe(just like mom used to make)

>with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

I think I've mentioned before that there's a restaurant here in town
whose motto is "Home-cooked food like Mom tried to make."

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Scott T. Jensen

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:19:03 GMT, "Tyler Hopper"

> >> That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.
> >>

> >Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

> with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

And eating it in an old musty country florist & antiques shop ... where
bales of hay are used as benches. [Also allergic to pollen, mold, dust, cut
grass, and hay. *insane sad laugh*]

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...
misc.business.consulting, misc.business.marketing.moderated
misc.business.moderated, and misc.entrepreneurs.moderated

Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:19:16 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:08:44 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> wrote:

>>>Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.
>>>
>>>monroe(just like mom used to make)

>>with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

>I think I've mentioned before that there's a restaurant here in town
>whose motto is "Home-cooked food like Mom tried to make."

Not mine - she never even tried . . . .

Harry
Dimitri

"Scott T. Jensen" > wrote in message
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?
>
> Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
> chocolate, and cloves.
>
> Scott Jensen

Here are 2:

~Moroccan BBQ sauce
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
Large pinch of ground black pepper
1 T paprika
3 T minced fresh coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ginger powder

Baste over your favorite meat while grilling.

~Moroccan Grilling blend with Honey:

makes about 3/4 cup

3 T dried ground orange peel or zest of 3 oranges grated fine
2 T ground cumin
2 T ground coriander
2 T ground ginger
2 T crushed hot chilis (may use paprika for milder flavor)
1 T course ground black pepper
1 T dried oregano
1/2 T turmeric
1/2 T ground cinnamon
1/2 T sea salt
1/2 T honey

Use fresh orange peel only if you are going to use up all your spice blend
on a big batch of protein. Rub the ingredients together except the honey.
Work each 2 T of spice mix into 1/2 T of honey. Rub into chicken, fish or
lamb.

Johnny

"Scott T. Jensen" > wrote in message
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?
>
> Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
> chocolate, and cloves.
>
> Scott Jensen
> --
> Got a business question, problem, or dream?
> Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...
> misc.business.consulting, misc.business.marketing.moderated
> misc.business.moderated, and misc.entrepreneurs.moderated

That's the kind used predominately here in North AL. I'm not a big fan.

BTW, coleslaw is supposed to have mayo in it. :-P

Johnny, adding mayo, in Huntsville

Tomato sauce Rusty[_2_] Preserving 0 03-09-2011 08:22 PM
tomato paste vs tomato sauce [email protected] General Cooking 32 06-05-2009 03:22 AM
Lasagna, with enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce? zxcvbob General Cooking 13 22-04-2008 02:03 PM
How do I make tomato sauce out of tomato paste? Kris[_1_] General Cooking 14 10-07-2007 03:59 AM
Tomato Sauce? what? General Cooking 19 05-02-2004 08:59 PM