Tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Old 10-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Scott T. Jensen
Usenet poster

Default Tomato-less BBQ sauce?

I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy), nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...

Old 10-04-2004, 09:42 PM
BOB
Usenet poster

Scott T. Jensen wrote:
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy), nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen

An Eastern North Carolina sauce...

Cider Vinegar
black pepper
red pepper flakes
cayenne pepper
salt

"all" to taste

or, add mustard to the above and you'll have a South Carolina sauce

BOB

Old 10-04-2004, 09:42 PM
frohe
Usenet poster

Scott T. Jensen wrote:
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs red pepper flakes
S&P to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Mix everthing in a bowl.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Old 11-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Ralph Wooten
Usenet poster

"Scott T. Jensen" wrote in message
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...
misc.business.consulting, misc.business.marketing.moderated
misc.business.moderated, and misc.entrepreneurs.moderated

Equal parts yellow mustard, cider vinegar, honey. Through in some salt to
taste and add cayenne for a kick. This is particularly good on pulled pork.

Old 11-04-2004, 04:37 AM
BOB
Usenet poster

frohe wrote:
Scott T. Jensen wrote:
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs red pepper flakes
S&P to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Mix everthing in a bowl.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

OK, I forgot the sugar.

BOB

Old 11-04-2004, 05:19 AM
Tyler Hopper
Usenet poster

"Scott T. Jensen" wrote in message
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy), nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

_________
ht_redneck

Old 11-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Monroe, of course...
Usenet poster

In article , Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:19:03 GMT, "Tyler Hopper"
wrote:

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.

Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

monroe(just like mom used to make)
Old 11-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Harry Demidavicius
Usenet poster

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
wrote:

wrote:

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.

Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

monroe(just like mom used to make)

with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

Harry
Old 11-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Kevin S. Wilson
Usenet poster

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:08:44 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
wrote:

wrote:

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.

Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

monroe(just like mom used to make)

with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

I think I've mentioned before that there's a restaurant here in town
whose motto is "Home-cooked food like Mom tried to make."

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Old 12-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Scott T. Jensen
Usenet poster

"Harry Demidavicius" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
wrote:

wrote:

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.

Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

And eating it in an old musty country florist & antiques shop ... where
bales of hay are used as benches. [Also allergic to pollen, mold, dust, cut
grass, and hay. *insane sad laugh*]

Scott Jensen

Old 13-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Harry Demidavicius
Usenet poster

wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:58:16 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
wrote:

wrote:

Scott, have you considered suicide? ;-)

That's what I was thinking. Death by Snickers.

Clove studded Snickers with ketchup on top.

monroe(just like mom used to make)

with a nice cold glass of chocolate milk . . . .

I think I've mentioned before that there's a restaurant here in town
whose motto is "Home-cooked food like Mom tried to make."

Not mine - she never even tried . . . .

Harry
Old 13-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Dimitri
Usenet poster

"Scott T. Jensen" wrote in message
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen

Here are 2:

~Moroccan BBQ sauce
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
Large pinch of ground black pepper
1 T paprika
3 T minced fresh coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ginger powder

Baste over your favorite meat while grilling.

~Moroccan Grilling blend with Honey:

makes about 3/4 cup

3 T dried ground orange peel or zest of 3 oranges grated fine
2 T ground cumin
2 T ground coriander
2 T ground ginger
2 T crushed hot chilis (may use paprika for milder flavor)
1 T course ground black pepper
1 T dried oregano
1/2 T turmeric
1/2 T ground cinnamon
1/2 T sea salt
1/2 T honey

Use fresh orange peel only if you are going to use up all your spice blend
on a big batch of protein. Rub the ingredients together except the honey.
Work each 2 T of spice mix into 1/2 T of honey. Rub into chicken, fish or
lamb.

Old 14-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Johnny
Usenet poster

"Scott T. Jensen" wrote in message
I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
tomato-less BBQ sauce?

Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
chocolate, and cloves.

Scott Jensen
--
Got a business question, problem, or dream?
Discuss it with the professionals that hang out at...
misc.business.consulting, misc.business.marketing.moderated
misc.business.moderated, and misc.entrepreneurs.moderated

That's the kind used predominately here in North AL. I'm not a big fan.

BTW, coleslaw is supposed to have mayo in it. :-P

Johnny, adding mayo, in Huntsville