BigDog

Default briskets on sale

For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Jason in Dallas

"BigDog" > wrote in message
> For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
> I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

Unfortunately there are no HEBs in Dallas AFAIK. I miss them from when I
lived in Austin, although we do have Central Market here.

BigDog

Jason in Dallas wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> "BigDog" > wrote in message
>> For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
>> I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

> Unfortunately there are no HEBs in Dallas AFAIK. I miss them from when I
> lived in Austin, although we do have Central Market here.

I can't believe there aren't any in Dallas.
Damn, HEB is all over south Texas.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
BigDog

Steve Wertz wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> $1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
> usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.
>
> The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
> and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
> down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
> Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.
>
> -sw

Yeah they usually go down that low here too.
But, 99 cents a lb. is a lot less than normal price.
It was on sale for Easter.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Michael

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:58:20 GMT, BigDog
> > wrote:
>
> >For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
> >I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

> $1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
> usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.
>
> The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
> and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
> down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
> Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.
>
> -sw

I looked at a brisket the other day...$4.99 a pound. Piedmont NC where
brisket is difficult to find. Pork shoulders are only $.59 a pound this
week though.

frohe

BigDog wrote:
> I can't believe there aren't any in Dallas.
> Damn, HEB is all over south Texas.

Accordin to the HEB wesite, the closest store to Dallas is in Waxahachie.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Dave Bugg

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:44:00 GMT, "frohe" >
> wrote:
>
>> BigDog wrote:
>>> I can't believe there aren't any in Dallas.
>>> Damn, HEB is all over south Texas.

>> Accordin to the HEB wesite, the closest store to Dallas is in
>> Waxahachie.

> Isn't that where Dave Bugg lives - in Washington! ;-)

LOL... I WISH. We don't have access to packer cut brisket, at any price.
I'll be shipping my supply in from another region to supply my store.
Dave

Tyler Hopper

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:58:20 GMT, BigDog
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
> > >I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

> > $1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
> > usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.
> >
> > The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
> > and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
> > down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
> > Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.
> >
> > -sw

> I looked at a brisket the other day...$4.99 a pound. Piedmont NC where
> brisket is difficult to find. Pork shoulders are only $.59 a pound this
> week though.

That's just obscene. My wife just paid that for Choice rib eyes today.

_________
ht_redneck

frohe

Steve Wertz wrote:
>> Accordin to the HEB wesite, the closest store to Dallas is in
>> Waxahachie.

> Isn't that where Dave Bugg lives - in Washington! ;-)

Lol... hadn't thought about that til ya mentioned it but it is purty close
huh?
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

butch burton

"Michael" > wrote in message >...
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:58:20 GMT, BigDog
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
> > >I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

> > $1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
> > usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.
> >
> > The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
> > and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
> > down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
> > Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.
> >
> > -sw

> I looked at a brisket the other day...$4.99 a pound. Piedmont NC where
> brisket is difficult to find. Pork shoulders are only $.59 a pound this
> week though.

In my neck of the woods the super walmarts have brisket for
1.48/#-used to be 1.12 but at least they have not started injecting
brisket with sugar, salt and water like many of their other meat
products.