Matthew L. Martin

Default Replacement WSM arrived, minor bummer

I'm beginning to take this personally.

UPS took my first WSM (broken) back to Amazon and Fed-EX delivered the
replacement while I was away in wonderful Wichita, KS. The box looks
nearly pristine. Today I assembled it. The very first thing I noticed
was that the porcelain rim of the bowl was badly chipped. Sections of
the steel over an inch long are exposed. I will get a replacement bowl
from Weber (this wasn't a shipping problem, so Weber gets to take this
hit instead of Fed-EX).

While the thing is pretty well made, I'm beginning to wonder about
Weber's QC. That bowl should never have been packed into a box. There
are also a number of lumps in the porcelain, which I hope don't cause
any problems in the future.

At least this time the thing is usable. I'll probably fire it up later
today for a burn in and an opportunity to play with the controls without
ruining any meat.

I wonder what a second body section and door would cost:-) Has anyone
tried to stack two body sections?

Matthew

bbq

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> I'm beginning to take this personally.
>
> UPS took my first WSM (broken) back to Amazon and Fed-EX delivered the
> replacement while I was away in wonderful Wichita, KS. The box looks
> nearly pristine. Today I assembled it. The very first thing I noticed
> was that the porcelain rim of the bowl was badly chipped. Sections of
> the steel over an inch long are exposed. I will get a replacement bowl
> from Weber (this wasn't a shipping problem, so Weber gets to take this
> hit instead of Fed-EX).
>
> While the thing is pretty well made, I'm beginning to wonder about
> Weber's QC. That bowl should never have been packed into a box. There
> are also a number of lumps in the porcelain, which I hope don't cause
> any problems in the future.
>
> At least this time the thing is usable. I'll probably fire it up later
> today for a burn in and an opportunity to play with the controls without
> ruining any meat.
>
> I wonder what a second body section and door would cost:-) Has anyone
> tried to stack two body sections?

I have not tried stacking two body sections. Never had the opportunity.
But, I have seen pics of 4 body sections stacked. Was titled 'The
Worlds Tallest WSM'.

You can see the pics he
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/friends.html

Looks cool, but could be dangerous to cook with on a windy day.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

> Matthew

Matt NYC

Matthew--

Sorry to hear about the bad mojo w/ your bullets. I hope Weber makes
things right.

I don't know if you've seen this before, it's a pretty cool page w/
some good info....it may have some of what you're looking for....

http://www.randyq.addr.com/

Matt in NYC

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message

> I wonder what a second body section and door would cost:-) Has anyone
> tried to stack two body sections?
>
> Matthew

Jack Curry

Matt NYC wrote:
> Matthew--
>
> Sorry to hear about the bad mojo w/ your bullets. I hope Weber makes
> things right.
>
> I don't know if you've seen this before, it's a pretty cool page w/
> some good info....it may have some of what you're looking for....
>
> http://www.randyq.addr.com/
>
> Matt in NYC
>

> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>> I wonder what a second body section and door would cost:-) Has anyone
>> tried to stack two body sections?
>>
>> Matthew

Matthew,

Do check out this website. There's a picture of a *monster* WSM and you
might read the "Favorite Barbecue Stories," especially the one about the
guys cookin' Q over a dirt pit, using a kid's swing set as a meat hanger.
It's great. Matt NYC, thanks for posting.

Jack Curry

Matthew L. Martin

Jack Curry wrote:

> Matt NYC wrote:
>
>>Matthew--
>>
>>Sorry to hear about the bad mojo w/ your bullets. I hope Weber makes
>>things right.
>>
>>I don't know if you've seen this before, it's a pretty cool page w/
>>some good info....it may have some of what you're looking for....
>>
>>http://www.randyq.addr.com/
>>
>>Matt in NYC
>>

>>"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>>

>>>I wonder what a second body section and door would cost:-) Has anyone
>>>tried to stack two body sections?
>>>
>>>Matthew

> Matthew,
>
> Do check out this website. There's a picture of a *monster* WSM and you
> might read the "Favorite Barbecue Stories," especially the one about the
> guys cookin' Q over a dirt pit, using a kid's swing set as a meat hanger.
> It's great. Matt NYC, thanks for posting.

I did. It is. I bookmarked it.

Matthew

Matt NYC

Hey Jack--

I've learned plenty lurking in your shadows, glad to post something useful.

Keep the coals glowing and the temp. stable.

Matt in NYC

> Jack Curry wrote:

Matt NYC, thanks for posting.

> I did. It is. I bookmarked it.

> >>http://www.randyq.addr.com/
> >>
> >>Matt in NYC

Blueberry bummer notbob General Cooking 12 22-08-2012 11:06 PM
Bummer trip Dora General Cooking 43 23-06-2011 05:38 PM
bummer Santa modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 20 17-12-2008 04:34 PM
Bummer The Cook Preserving 11 06-10-2008 10:28 PM
WSM -- Major Bummer Matthew L. Martin Barbecue 8 12-03-2004 06:41 PM