Duwop

Default Steven Raichlen vs. Iron Chef Michiba

Steve Wertz wrote:
> At 9 p.m., a production assistant came to collect us, and time
> slowed down. I have heard the theme music to the Iron Chef show
> dozens of times, and now Jake and I were marching into the studio
> to its cadence.

Hows it end dammit, hows it end!?

Duwop

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:01:17 -0800, "Duwop" >
> wrote:
>
>> Hows it end dammit, hows it end!?

> Ooops. I read the hardcopy edition and then looked it up online
> to post here. Looks like there's a second page :-)

You in marketing perchance? ;-)

Yaaaay, USA USA USA USA!

Default User

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Raichlen took on one of the past Iron Chefs in a made only for
> JapaneseTV grill battle.

I really enjoyed Raichlen's Barbecue U. show on PBS. I haven't heard
whether they plan another season or not.

Brian Rodenborn
Steve Levine

I read the NYT article yesterday, and I'm wondering how he "barbecued"
ribs in thirty minutes.
Dave Bugg

Default User wrote:

> I really enjoyed Raichlen's Barbecue U. show on PBS. I haven't heard
> whether they plan another season or not.

Isn't this the same dude who endorsed Burger King's version of "barbecue"?

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Default User wrote:
>
> > I really enjoyed Raichlen's Barbecue U. show on PBS. I haven't heard
> > whether they plan another season or not.

> Isn't this the same dude who endorsed Burger King's version of "barbecue"?

I'm not sure what you mean. Have you seen the PBS shows?

Brian Rodenborn

> I really enjoyed Raichlen's Barbecue U. show on PBS. I haven't heard
> whether they plan another season or not.

I checked his web site, and found the following:

Founded by multi award-winning author and TV host, Steven Raichlen, BBQ
University offers a complete course in the techniques of barbecuing and
grilling. This year’s curriculum will feature highlights from year 2 of
Steven’s PBS TV show, BBQ University, taped on location at The
Greenbriar, and schedule to launch in April, 2004.

So looks like a second season of the show should be on fairly soon.

Brian Rodenborn
Reg

> Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>>Default User wrote:
>>

>>>I really enjoyed Raichlen's Barbecue U. show on PBS. I haven't heard
>>>whether they plan another season or not.

>>Isn't this the same dude who endorsed Burger King's version of "barbecue"?

> I'm not sure what you mean. Have you seen the PBS shows?

I think he's talking about Rick Bayless. Different guy.

And yeah, I like Raichlen's BBQ U shows on PBS. Good stuff.

Dave Bugg

> I'm not sure what you mean. Have you seen the PBS shows?

Maybe it's a different guy. I'm sorry to say that they haven't run his shows
up my way. Maybe I can give our station a call....
Dave

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Default User wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean. Have you seen the PBS shows?

> Maybe it's a different guy. I'm sorry to say that they haven't run his shows
> up my way. Maybe I can give our station a call....

Reg mentioned Rick Bayless, that's probably who you meant. They do kind
of look alike.

I'm surprised yours didn't run the show, seems like most stations pick
up whatever cooking shows are running currently. The show isn't strictly
BBQ as we call it here, as it includes grilling, but it's good. He used
WSMs and Weber kettles primarily, as Weber was a sponsor of the show.

Brian Rodenborn