Ol' Herpes

Default Violence

Agenda for a New America
Part One
The Politics of Vegetarianism
By Vasu Murti
Chapter 11 - Violence

Meat-eating contributes to the fear in the world by putting us in a
position in which there is not enough to go around. But that's not
all. Meat-eaters ingest residues of the animal's biochemical response
to the horrors of the slaughterhouse. Programmed to fight or flee
when in danger for their lives, the animals react to the
slaughterhouse in sheer terror. Powerful biochemical agents are
secreted that pump through their bloodstreams and onto their flesh,
energizing them to fight or flee for their lives.

Like screaming air rain sirens, these chemical agents produce
instinctual panic. Today's slaughterhouses virtually guarantee that
the animals will die in terror.

The Maoris would eat the flesh of a slaughtered enemy in order to
possess the enemy's courage and strength. The people of the lower
Nubia, likewise, would eat the fox, believing that by so doing, they
would be possessed of his cunning. In upper Egypt, the heart of the
hoopoe bird was eaten in order to acquire the ability to become a
clever scribe. The bird would be caught and its heart would be torn
out and eaten while it was still alive. On the other hand, certain
Native American tribes would not eat the flesh of an animal who died
in fear, because they did not want to take into themselves the terror
of such an animal.

When we eat animals who have died violent deaths we literally eat
their fear. We take in biochemical agents designed by nature to tell
an animal that its life is in the gravest danger, and it must either
fight or flee for its life. And then, in our wars and our daily
lives, we give expression to the panic in which the animals we have
eater died.

"Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We
live by the death of others. We are burial places! I have since an
early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men
will look upon the murder of animals as they look upon the murder of
man." - Leonardo da Vinci

courtesy of http://www.all-creatures.org/article...-polveg11.html
Ol' Hippie

/' /)
,/¯ /
/ /
/´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
/'/ / / /¨¨/¯\
('( ´ ´ ¯&;/' ')
\ ' /
'\' \ _.·´
\ (
\ \

John Doe

I second the motion!

"Ol' Hippie" <olhippieATcharterDOTnet> wrote in message
> /' /)
> ,/¯ /
> / /
> /´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
> /'/ / / /¨¨/¯\
> ('( ´ ´ ¯&;/' ')
> \ ' /
> '\' \ _.·´
> \ (
> \ \

tecwhiz

you moron veg heads need to make a stand. preferably in deer country while
in deer season, wear some deer camouflage and hang out with the deer....
"Ol' Herpes" > wrote in message
om...
> Agenda for a New America
> Part One
> The Politics of Vegetarianism
> By Vasu Murti
> Chapter 11 - Violence
>
> Meat-eating contributes to the fear in the world by putting us in a
> position in which there is not enough to go around. But that's not
> all. Meat-eaters ingest residues of the animal's biochemical response
> to the horrors of the slaughterhouse. Programmed to fight or flee
> when in danger for their lives, the animals react to the
> slaughterhouse in sheer terror. Powerful biochemical agents are
> secreted that pump through their bloodstreams and onto their flesh,
> energizing them to fight or flee for their lives.
>
> Like screaming air rain sirens, these chemical agents produce
> instinctual panic. Today's slaughterhouses virtually guarantee that
> the animals will die in terror.
>
> The Maoris would eat the flesh of a slaughtered enemy in order to
> possess the enemy's courage and strength. The people of the lower
> Nubia, likewise, would eat the fox, believing that by so doing, they
> would be possessed of his cunning. In upper Egypt, the heart of the
> hoopoe bird was eaten in order to acquire the ability to become a
> clever scribe. The bird would be caught and its heart would be torn
> out and eaten while it was still alive. On the other hand, certain
> Native American tribes would not eat the flesh of an animal who died
> in fear, because they did not want to take into themselves the terror
> of such an animal.
>
> When we eat animals who have died violent deaths we literally eat
> their fear. We take in biochemical agents designed by nature to tell
> an animal that its life is in the gravest danger, and it must either
> fight or flee for its life. And then, in our wars and our daily
> lives, we give expression to the panic in which the animals we have
> eater died.
>
> "Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We
> live by the death of others. We are burial places! I have since an
> early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men
> will look upon the murder of animals as they look upon the murder of
> man." - Leonardo da Vinci
>
> courtesy of http://www.all-creatures.org/article...-polveg11.html

Twangdaddy

>Subject: Violence
>From: meat_is_murder

Ya bloody carrot killer!!!!
Spud whacker!!!
Celery hacker!!!
Keep lauching yer wicked war-tide
of mass Potato Genicide!!!

One day, the ghosts of all those cabbages you slawtered ( get it, slaw-tered
;-) ) will come raging back to claim their revenge on your bloody wicked soul.

You hate the carnivores yet you turn a deaf ear to the sound of flowers crying
in the rain now don't you!

Instant Karma's gonna getcha!

capnron@cafemojo

Q: What does a baby potato say to it's mother?
A: "Mommy, I'm afraid the humans are going to peel my skin off alive, boil me
in scalding water and then mash me into a gooey mesh. Why can't they just leave
us alone peacefully here in the dirt where we can grow a green leaves that put
oxygen in the air? Why mommy? Why?
Why must they kill us?"
Mother: "Because we taste good snuggems, now be quite and go to sleep."
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:53:14 -0600, "tecwhiz" >
wrote:

>you moron veg heads need to make a stand.

Who's the bigger moron? The moron posting obvious flame-bait, or the
moron who allows himself to get manipulated into responding to obvious
flame-bait?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Scarlet Pimpernel

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in message >. ..
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:53:14 -0600, "tecwhiz" >
> wrote:
>
> >you moron veg heads need to make a stand.

> Who's the bigger moron? The moron posting obvious flame-bait, or the
> moron who allows himself to get manipulated into responding to obvious
> flame-bait?

.... or the moron who feels compelled to flame the moron of the second
part, who's responded indignantly to moron #1, who's basically
trespassing his prejudices where they're not welcome.

Pot, kettle, ...?
tecwhiz

the one who responds with only a question.