bbq

Default WSM order is in

Just ordered me a WSM through Amazon. Thanks to a heads up from this
group, I was able to order this and the Smoke-n-Spice book by the
Jamisons for $152.

Won't ship till early next month, but that's OK, I can wait. Hope to do
a Corned something(brisket or Eye of Round) on St. Patty's day.

Easy Q'en time for me soon.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

CSS

"bbq" > wrote in message
> Just ordered me a WSM through Amazon. Thanks to a heads up from this
> group, I was able to order this and the Smoke-n-Spice book by the
> Jamisons for $152.
>
> Won't ship till early next month, but that's OK, I can wait. Hope to do
> a Corned something(brisket or Eye of Round) on St. Patty's day.
>
> Easy Q'en time for me soon.
>
> Happy Q'en,
> BBQ

Now, if it were a Kamado you'd ordered, you could keep this thread going for
oh, about six months.

For your first cook, I'd recommend the Renowned Mr. Brown...

I've got mine on order as well, hard to beat $140.99 w/ free shipping and
the $29 off for leap year.

If anyone else is in the market, now's the time.

>Just ordered me a WSM through Amazon. Thanks to a heads up from this
>group, I was able to order this and the Smoke-n-Spice book by the
>Jamisons for $152.
>
>Won't ship till early next month, but that's OK, I can wait. Hope to do
>a Corned something(brisket or Eye of Round) on St. Patty's day.
>
>Easy Q'en time for me soon.
>
>Happy Q'en,
>BBQ

Kyle Tucker

In article <EkeXb.311041$na.463329@attbi_s04>,
bbq > writes:
> Just ordered me a WSM through Amazon. Thanks to a heads up from this
> group, I was able to order this and the Smoke-n-Spice book by the
> Jamisons for $152.
>
> Won't ship till early next month, but that's OK, I can wait. Hope to do
> a Corned something(brisket or Eye of Round) on St. Patty's day.

Mine arrived yesterday - so 10 days from order. And as another plus,
it came with a free cover inside the box. Not sure if that's always
included, but it's labeled outside as if it's a bonus. I'll try to
break it in this weekend if we get out of the 20's.

--
- Kyle
Default User

Kyle Tucker wrote:

> Mine arrived yesterday - so 10 days from order. And as another plus,
> it came with a free cover inside the box. Not sure if that's always
> included, but it's labeled outside as if it's a bonus. I'll try to
> break it in this weekend if we get out of the 20's.

Looks like they must have run out of stock, my order still shows
mid-March as ship date.

Brian Rodenborn

Kyle Tucker

Default Damaged WSM (was WSM order is in)

In article <1LKYb.67028$jk2.402682@attbi_s53>,
I done wrote:

> Mine arrived yesterday - so 10 days from order. And as another plus,
> it came with a free cover inside the box. Not sure if that's always
> included, but it's labeled outside as if it's a bonus. I'll try to
> break it in this weekend if we get out of the 20's.

I put this together last night. There was a 2 inch area on the upper
lip of the center ring that had been bent over apparently by one of
the cooking grates and the enamel is cracked and chipped away around
this area. I don't give a hoot about the cosmetics but does this pose
a problem for corrosion or other issues in the future? I figure it'll
get mucked up with normal use, but wasn't sure if the enamel missing
was getting off on the wrong foot.

--
- Kyle
JL

<kylet@ s h 0 r e . n 3 t (Kyle Tucker)> wrote
> I put this together last night. There was a 2 inch area on the upper
> lip of the center ring that had been bent over apparently by one of
> the cooking grates and the enamel is cracked and chipped away around
> this area. I don't give a hoot about the cosmetics but does this pose
> a problem for corrosion or other issues in the future? I figure it'll
> get mucked up with normal use, but wasn't sure if the enamel missing
> was getting off on the wrong foot.

Return it

bbq

Default User wrote:

> Kyle Tucker wrote:
>

>>Mine arrived yesterday - so 10 days from order. And as another plus,
>>it came with a free cover inside the box. Not sure if that's always
>>included, but it's labeled outside as if it's a bonus. I'll try to
>>break it in this weekend if we get out of the 20's.

> Looks like they must have run out of stock, my order still shows
> mid-March as ship date.

Mine has an expected ship date of 2-18 to 3-24. A window of a month is
pretty large to me. Got the book though that I ordered at the same time.

Anxious and waiting for the WSM.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

CSS

Or contact Weber directly, and they will likely ship you a replacement ASAP.

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "JL" > wrote in message
> >
> > <kylet@ s h 0 r e . n 3 t (Kyle Tucker)> wrote
> > > I put this together last night. There was a 2 inch area on the upper
> > > lip of the center ring that had been bent over apparently by one of
> > > the cooking grates and the enamel is cracked and chipped away around
> > > this area. I don't give a hoot about the cosmetics but does this pose
> > > a problem for corrosion or other issues in the future? I figure it'll
> > > get mucked up with normal use, but wasn't sure if the enamel missing
> > > was getting off on the wrong foot.

> > Return it
> >

> Second that

Matthew L. Martin

Eddie wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:25:23 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>

>>Default User wrote:

> I ordered on the 12th and it was shipped on the 16th and arrived on
> the 20th. Four days from Kentucky to my front door. Not bad.
> Not a scratch on it either. A beautiful, well-made grill. Very
> impressed with workmanship. Tight detail. Reminds me of my Rolex.
> :-)

How many racks of ribs can you get on your Rolex?

Matthew

StocksRus®

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in
s.com:

> Eddie wrote:

>> I ordered on the 12th and it was shipped on the 16th and arrived on
>> the 20th. Four days from Kentucky to my front door. Not bad.
>> Not a scratch on it either. A beautiful, well-made grill. Very
>> impressed with workmanship. Tight detail. Reminds me of my Rolex.
>> :-)

> How many racks of ribs can you get on your Rolex?
>
> Matthew

Mine sits in my dresser. Four times had it worked on and cleaned and it
still loses about 4 minutes a day.

--
StocksRus®

frohe

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> How many racks of ribs can you get on your Rolex?

Rolled or flat? <g>
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

M&M

OT - Was WSM is in.

On 22-Feb-2004, "StocksRus®" > wrote:

> Mine sits in my dresser. Four times had it worked on and cleaned and it
> still loses about 4 minutes a day.
>
> --
> StocksRus®

At least you can get it worked on. I got a Seiko Chronograph for a present
and it broke. It had to go back to Osaka, Japan. Now it's broke again. The
sweep second hand homes to eleven o'clock. (And it isn't in warranty
anymore.
--
M&M ("The most remarkable thing about my mother
is that for thirty years she served the family nothing
Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:27:00 GMT, "StocksRus®"
> wrote:

>"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in
ws.com:

>> Eddie wrote:

>>> I ordered on the 12th and it was shipped on the 16th and arrived on
>>> the 20th. Four days from Kentucky to my front door. Not bad.
>>> Not a scratch on it either. A beautiful, well-made grill. Very
>>> impressed with workmanship. Tight detail. Reminds me of my Rolex.
>>> :-)

>> How many racks of ribs can you get on your Rolex?
>>
>> Matthew

>Mine sits in my dresser. Four times had it worked on and cleaned and it
>still loses about 4 minutes a day.

OT - is it a mechanical works? If so it's not the watch - it's you.
I too can take a superbly crafted mecahnical watch and wear it for a
couple of days and it is a guarantee that the thing will be 12-15
minutes slow after two days. My wife can then put it and it will be
spot for bloody ever. Electronic time pieces work fine for me. I
have read where people like me [and you] show up once in a while.

Harry

frohe

Eddie wrote:
> One thing I noticed. The water pan is awfully close to the fire. I
> hope the pan is made tough enough to handle the heat.

You'll be better off to just toss the water pan.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

bbq

Eddie wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:04:11 GMT, "Matthew L. Martin"
> > wrote:
>

>>Eddie wrote:
>>

>>>On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:25:23 GMT, bbq > wrote:
>>>
>>>Not a scratch on it either. A beautiful, well-made grill. Very
>>>impressed with workmanship. Tight detail. Reminds me of my Rolex.
>>>:-)

>>How many racks of ribs can you get on your Rolex?
>>
>>Matthew

> LOL, Matthew, as you might have guessed I was comparing the precision
> of the workmanship of the WSM to the Rolex. When I started putting it
> together I noticed the holes matched perfectly. I'm a stickler to
> detail. I can look at a car in front of me at a traffic light and
> count all the defects. Like the right side of the trunk will have a
> 1/4er inch gap and the left side will have a 1/8th inch gap. The
> worst defect cars were GM from late 70's to mid 90's. They're getting
> better now but still behind Japanese or German cars. Anyways, the WSM
> reminds me of a beemer. And as for the Rolex, well, I prefer my two
> Movados. The Rolex is too heavy. I also have a LaSalle, 4mm thin,
> made by Seiko.
>
> Holy cow, sorry for the OT. So back to T. I haven't tried the new
> one because of lousy weather. The baby looks so nice and shiny that I
> hate to think someday it's gonna look like the kettle. You know,
> used!

Sure a shiny new cooker looks nice on the patio. But an unused one does
nothing to satisfy the craving for Q.

> I've been reading the WSM bullet forum. I think the first thing I'd
> like to do is drill that hole for the thermometer.

I purchased a Deep fryer thermometer with a 2" dial and a clip. Hoping
the clip will help keep it stable putting the stem in a vent hole on the
cover. The stem is 12 inches, so this should be long enough to get near
top grate level for temperature readings. If it doesn't work well, than
I will be drilling a hole to install a thermometer.

> One thing I noticed. The water pan is awfully close to the fire. I
> hope the pan is made tough enough to handle the heat.

I'm sure it is. I have not read/heard of complaints. Some do not use
the pan at all. I will be filling the pan with sand and try out that method.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Thomas Cormen

bbq > writes:

> > I've been reading the WSM bullet forum. I think the first thing I'd
> > like to do is drill that hole for the thermometer.

> I purchased a Deep fryer thermometer with a 2" dial and a clip.
> Hoping the clip will help keep it stable putting the stem in a vent
> hole on the cover. The stem is 12 inches, so this should be long
> enough to get near top grate level for temperature readings. If it
> doesn't work well, than I will be drilling a hole to install a
> thermometer.
>
> > One thing I noticed. The water pan is awfully close to the fire. I
> > hope the pan is made tough enough to handle the heat.

> I'm sure it is. I have not read/heard of complaints. Some do not use
> the pan at all. I will be filling the pan with sand and try out that
> method.

I drilled a hole in the lid but near the base, and I put in a BGE
thermometer that I got from the local BGE dealer for something like
$10. Works fine. To keep it in place, I've got a circular collar
with a set screw on the inside of the lid and a piece of felt to
stabilize the thermometer on the outside. The probe goes into the WSM
horizontally.

I fill the pan with sand. Works for me. I want a heat shield between
the fire and meat. I know that many on this group say to toss the
pan, but I like having it, and sand is definitely better than water in
the pan.

--THC

Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
Associate Professor Fax: (603) 646-1672
Dept. of Computer Science Email:
Dartmouth College URL:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755-3510

bbq wrote:

> Default User wrote:

> > Looks like they must have run out of stock, my order still shows
> > mid-March as ship date.
> >

> Mine has an expected ship date of 2-18 to 3-24. A window of a month is
> pretty large to me. Got the book though that I ordered at the same time.

Mine says, "Delivery estimate: Mar 12, 2004 - Mar 27, 2004."

> Anxious and waiting for the WSM.

Content with knowing I can Q on the kettle if the spirit moves me

Brian Rodenborn
Tyler Hopper

<kylet@ s h 0 r e . n 3 t (Kyle Tucker)> wrote in message
> In article <1LKYb.67028$jk2.402682@attbi_s53>,
> I done wrote:
>
> > Mine arrived yesterday - so 10 days from order. And as another plus,
> > it came with a free cover inside the box. Not sure if that's always
> > included, but it's labeled outside as if it's a bonus. I'll try to
> > break it in this weekend if we get out of the 20's.

> I put this together last night. There was a 2 inch area on the upper
> lip of the center ring that had been bent over apparently by one of
> the cooking grates and the enamel is cracked and chipped away around
> this area. I don't give a hoot about the cosmetics but does this pose
> a problem for corrosion or other issues in the future? I figure it'll
> get mucked up with normal use, but wasn't sure if the enamel missing
> was getting off on the wrong foot.
>
> --
> - Kyle

I dropped the lid on mine a couple of yrs. ago. Bent the handle and fractured
the enamel on both ends (on the lid). No signs of rust yet.

That said, return it or call Weber for a replacement.

_________
ht_redneck

Kyle Tucker

In article >,
"Tyler Hopper" > writes:

> That said, return it or call Weber for a replacement.

Well I called Weber as everyone suggested and they're
sending me a new center ring - no questions asked. Why
don't all companies operate like this?

--
- Kyle

Scarlet Pimpernel

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:27:00 GMT, "StocksRus®"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in
> ws.com:

> >> How many racks of ribs can you get on your Rolex?
> >>
> >> Matthew

> >Mine sits in my dresser. Four times had it worked on and cleaned and it
> >still loses about 4 minutes a day.

> OT - is it a mechanical works? If so it's not the watch - it's you.
> I too can take a superbly crafted mecahnical watch and wear it for a
> couple of days and it is a guarantee that the thing will be 12-15
> minutes slow after two days. My wife can then put it and it will be
> spot for bloody ever. Electronic time pieces work fine for me. I
> have read where people like me [and you] show up once in a while.

Magnetic personality?

Scarlet Pimpernel

"M&M" > wrote in message
> OT - Was WSM is in.
>
> On 22-Feb-2004, "StocksRus®" > wrote:
>
> > Mine sits in my dresser. Four times had it worked on and cleaned and it
> > still loses about 4 minutes a day.
> >
> > --
> > StocksRus®

> At least you can get it worked on. I got a Seiko Chronograph for a present
> and it broke. It had to go back to Osaka, Japan. Now it's broke again. The
> sweep second hand homes to eleven o'clock. (And it isn't in warranty
> anymore.

Me too. Quoted over $100 to fix. Bought a spot-on timex for $40 instead ....

/s

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:44:27 GMT, "Scarlet Pimpernel"
> wrote:

>"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:27:00 GMT, "StocksRus®"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in
>> ws.com:

>> >Mine sits in my dresser. Four times had it worked on and cleaned and it
>> >still loses about 4 minutes a day.

>> OT - is it a mechanical works? If so it's not the watch - it's you.
>> I too can take a superbly crafted mecahnical watch and wear it for a
>> couple of days and it is a guarantee that the thing will be 12-15
>> minutes slow after two days. My wife can then put it and it will be
>> spot for bloody ever. Electronic time pieces work fine for me. I
>> have read where people like me [and you] show up once in a while.
>>

>Magnetic personality?

and exceptionally good looks too ;0)
Harry

Out of Order sf[_9_] General Cooking 9 07-11-2010 10:22 PM
The Order Cornholio General Cooking 198 26-12-2008 10:42 PM
buy ampicillin plate order ampicillin dosing order ampicillinprophylaxis order ampicillin gentamycin order ampicillin dosing orderampicillin agar order ampicillin buy ampicillin acne order ampicillin solutionlb agar plates penicillin order ampicillin [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-03-2008 04:41 AM
Order Leonard Tea 21 17-12-2004 07:16 PM
Where to Order? Chris Sushi 6 23-11-2003 07:22 PM