Reheating Ribs and pulled pork?

Old 06-02-2004, 12:17 AM
AG
Usenet poster

Default Reheating Ribs and pulled pork?

I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
Microwave covered and uncovered
oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
suggestions?

ag

Old 06-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Tank
Usenet poster

"AG" wrote in message
I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
Microwave covered and uncovered
oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
suggestions?

ag

I have found the best way is a slow, slow and moist
reheat. I usually put the cold ribs on a cooling rack
in a large rectangular aluminum pan. I run about an
inch of water in the bottom of the pan. This provides
some moisture. I then put the pan in the oven at about
325 degrees, uncovered, and let it go for an hour to
an hour & a half. If you like sauce, paint some on
during the last half hour or so. Flip the ribs a couple
of times during the process. Basically, gentle, moist
heat seems to be the best course of action. This also
works well with chicken, I have found.

For pulled pork or beef, I put it in a large pan or
dutch oven, and actually add a bit of water, maybe a
cup, no more. Again, slow heat, around 300 or so,
for as long as it takes. After an hour or so, you can
add in some sauce if you like. You can also use a
crock pot, with similar results.

--
Tank

Welcome To the "Q" Zone

Old 06-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Master Chef Richard Campbell
Usenet poster

I find that boil in a bag the best reheat method. It defeats dryness and is
fairly quick.

Chef

Old 06-02-2004, 09:42 AM
M&M
Usenet poster

On 5-Feb-2004, "AG" wrote:

I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
Microwave covered and uncovered
oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
suggestions?

Boiling in a baggy works for me. I haven't tried it with ziploks. All
of my stuff is vac packed. It goes straight from the freezer to the
boiling water. When the bag swells up from internal steam, I take
it off and eat it. Works for everything including veggies.

M&M
Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Kevin S. Wilson
Usenet poster

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:43:08 GMT, "Master Chef Richard Campbell"
wrote:

I find that boil in a bag the best reheat method. It defeats dryness and is
fairly quick.

Boil in the bag works well. If you don't have a foodsaver, put pulled
pork in a steamer basket and GENTLY steam for a couple minutes.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Old 06-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Buzz1
Usenet poster

"AG" wrote in message
I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
Microwave covered and uncovered
oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
suggestions?

I either boil in the bag or microwave on a defrost setting

Buzz

Using my gas grill for some ribs Pete Barbecue 15 03-02-2004 06:09 AM
2 Pork Shoulder questions JasonW Barbecue 13 28-01-2004 10:55 AM
"Boneless Ribs" John O Barbecue 16 08-01-2004 10:14 PM
Success - sorta'... Lori Barbecue 9 30-10-2003 03:46 PM
Pork Shoulder on the Smoker Jack Sloan Barbecue 14 12-10-2003 11:44 PM