Pam Theobald

Default Smoking woods

I received a great Christmas gift of chips, chunks, and planks of apple,
cherry, and alder. If you are looking for hard to find fruit woods etc
check out www.mainecookingwood.com

Ken

Steve Wertz

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:53:40 -0500, "Pam Theobald"
> wrote:

>I received a great Christmas gift of chips, chunks, and planks of apple,
>cherry, and alder. If you are looking for hard to find fruit woods etc
>check out www.mainecookingwood.com
>
>Ken

Ever notice how spammers often post with with one name, and sign with
another?

-sw

Thomas Mooney

Pam Theobald > wrote in message
> I received a great Christmas gift of chips, chunks, and planks of apple,
> cherry, and alder. If you are looking for hard to find fruit woods etc
> check out www.mainecookingwood.com
>
> Ken

Expanding on what Steve said:

It's certainly a coincidence that a whois lookup of mainecookingwood.com
yields a contact named Ken Johnson and a contact e-mail address of
. Perhaps Ms. Theobald is Mr. Johnson's subordinate and has
spammed this newsgroup on his behalf.

Regardless it seems that the post is suspect/insincere.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Edwin Pawlowski

"Pam Theobald" > wrote in message
> I received a great Christmas gift of chips, chunks, and planks of apple,
> cherry, and alder. If you are looking for hard to find fruit woods etc
> check out www.mainecookingwood.com
>
> Ken

Well, Ken, I sure hope you are happy with your gift. I see a few people
think you are spamming the place, but I'm not one of them. I know you are
an honest guy. All us bbq'ers are. I'm here to help you.

I sure hate to see people pay outrageous prices for smoking wood, when for
free, thee is plenty available. I'll give you a few tips.

Most fruit orchards trim their trees every year and they'd be happy for you
to cart off some of the trimmings. Apple, cherry, peach, pear, orange are
all good for smoking.

Cabinet shops pay to get rid of scrap. They will give you oak, maple,
cherry, hickory. Stay away from some of the imported exotics though. Some
are not good to burn.

Does your neighbor have a fireplace or woodstove? He probably has a cord
or two of wood and for a taste of your ribs, he'll give you all you can use
to smoke with next year.

Don't you be paying those high prices for mail order stuff, Ken, Take my
advice and get the freebies. Thank the gift giver that gave them to you as
I'm sure then meant well, but now you can really get down to work for cheap.
Heck, a walk in the park can yield enough fallen branches to smoke a few
butts.

Season's Greetings Ken.

From your friend,
Ed

Ol' Hippie

Default She's been Smoking woods

Sort of hard to roll in a single zig-zag.

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
one pretty well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,

Kevin S. Wilson

<posted and mailed to , , and
, the contact address on the spamvertized web
site>

www.mainecookingwood.com

>Ken

Hi, Ken/Pam. Thanks for stopping by alt.food.barbecue to tell us about
your web site. I thought I'd drop you a note to let you know that I
don't do business with companies that violate their ISP's acceptable
use policies. If you violate those contractual obligations, why should
I think you are honest in your other business dealings?

PS: You will stop treating Usenet like its your own private billboard.
If you don't, your web sites and your Internet connection will soon go
away.

PPS: The following is just for the archives. It took all of three
mouseclicks and twenty seconds to bust you.

Domain ID: D4092574-CNO
Domain Name: mainecookingwood.com
Creation Date: 2003-11-07 16:45:18 UTC
Expiration Date: 2005-11-07 16:45:20 UTC
Last Modification Date: 2003-11-07 16:45:18 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: CORE-95
Created by: CORE-95
Updated by: CORE-95
Last Updated By Registrar: CORE-95
Registrant ID: COCO-4092571
Registrant Name: ken johnson
Registrant Organization: none
Registrant Address: 11 Bangor Mall Blvd Box 342
Registrant City: bangor
Registrant State/Province: me
Registrant Postal Code: 04401
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone Number: +1.2078487545
Registrant Email:
Admin ID: COCO-4092571
Admin Name: ken johnson
Admin Organization: none
Admin Address: 11 Bangor Mall Blvd Box 342
Admin City: bangor
Admin State/Province: me
Admin Postal Code: 04401
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone Number: +1.2078487545
Admin Email:

Tech ID: COCO-68844
Tech Name: Fast DNS
Tech Organization: FastDNS
Tech Address: 4 trefoil drive
Tech City: Trumbull
Tech State/Province: CT
Tech Postal Code: 06611
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone Number: +1.2034457770
Tech Email:

Zone ID: COCO-68844
Zone Name: Fast DNS
Zone Organization: FastDNS
Zone Address: 4 trefoil drive
Zone City: Trumbull
Zone State/Province: CT
Zone Postal Code: 06611
Zone Country: US
Zone Phone Number: +1.2034457770
Zone Email:

Name Server: ns.host4u.net
Name Server: ns2.host4u.net

Database last updated on 2003-12-27 02:40:49 UTC

CORE - [Internet Council of Registrars]
--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

BBQ Woods Brick[_5_] Barbecue 0 24-06-2011 01:45 AM
BBQ Woods Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Barbecue 2 24-06-2011 12:15 AM
Woods Not to use [email protected] Barbecue 10 06-08-2009 08:10 PM
Woods to use in smokers Edward Barbecue 0 31-10-2004 12:27 AM
BBQ Woods Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 3 07-08-2004 05:36 PM