beermeister

Default bge and wood chunks

I am new to the group...anyone ever try wood chunks rather than lump in a
bge? I am considering a brisket, how much of this mesquite stuff will I
need for, say, ten to twelve pounds of the beefy stuff?

Oh, and any recipes would be nice too

"beermeister" > wrote:
> I am new to the group...anyone ever try wood chunks rather than lump in a
> bge? I am considering a brisket, how much of this mesquite stuff will I
> need for, say, ten to twelve pounds of the beefy stuff?

Lump for the heat, chunks for the smoke. IMHO

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
beermeister

So you don't recommend mesquite chunks alone to cook in the egg, eh? Just
curious to try...perhaps pine would be a good smoking wood...ever try spruce
beer? ugghhh

"beermeister" > wrote:
> So you don't recommend mesquite chunks alone to cook in the egg, eh?
> Just curious to try...perhaps pine would be a good smoking wood...

Yer jivin' me, right? As I'm sure ya know, NEVER use pine (or other soft
wood) for Q'ing unless you really like creosote and stuff like that.

Just posted some brisket info fir ya. ;~)

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
beermeister

of course I am jivin' ya...just curious 'bout cooking with all wood, seen it
done in a weber, maybe I will dust off the Weber and try it in that...an all
mesquite fire.

"beermeister" > wrote:
> of course I am jivin' ya...just curious 'bout cooking with all wood,

well, just remember: if ya Q with pine, pre-soak it in Liquid Smoke. You'll
be gladja did!