Patti

Default BGE vs Kamado...(long)

I was all set to buy a BGE. I had spent ENTIRELY too much time at
their website forum, and "felt" the tenacity with which they
appreciate and adore their Big Green Egg. But the "little red flag"
in me said, "hey P, you should check out someplace unbiased, and see
if the results are the same".

Well, here I am at google, an unbiased forum, and what do I find????
I found the word....Kamado. So being the researcher that I am, I
spend all day and evening last night reading everything their was to
read on the subject. And now I find that, I guess I hadn't researched
it as thouroghly as I thought.

Suffice it to say, after spending time here...a Kamado is in the
horizon for me. And I do mean horizon, it'll take 3 months to get it,
but I it'll be worth the wait.

It does everything that the BGE does AND it's beautiful. Also,
including shipping, it's actually less expensive. I like the idea of
going through the factory, and eliminating that "dealer charge". MY
BGE dealer said something that really raised a red flag as well. She
said that sometimes getting products from the company has been a
challenge. That "it's almost like they don't really want to run the
business". Another thing is she just had pulled a few bags of the
lump off the truck, and instead of being the normal $16.99 per bag,
they had new stickers of $19.99 on them. Gosh, that's a HUGE jump,
nearly 18%!!

I am sure that the BGE and Kamado are very comparible as far as the
ability to do the job. BUT, from things that I've read here at this
newsgroup, my own feelings I get, and the history of the Kamado, I've
decided to go the Kamado route.

Someone want to pass some of their spatched chicken this way, while I
wait for the Kamada??
Louis Cohen

Best of luck to you, Patti. We hope to see you around the K forum, and at
next year's cook-off.

--

Regards

Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Patti" > wrote in message
om...
> I was all set to buy a BGE. I had spent ENTIRELY too much time at
> their website forum, and "felt" the tenacity with which they
> appreciate and adore their Big Green Egg. But the "little red flag"
> in me said, "hey P, you should check out someplace unbiased, and see
> if the results are the same".
>
> Well, here I am at google, an unbiased forum, and what do I find????
> I found the word....Kamado. So being the researcher that I am, I
> spend all day and evening last night reading everything their was to
> read on the subject. And now I find that, I guess I hadn't researched
> it as thouroghly as I thought.
>
> Suffice it to say, after spending time here...a Kamado is in the
> horizon for me. And I do mean horizon, it'll take 3 months to get it,
> but I it'll be worth the wait.
>
> It does everything that the BGE does AND it's beautiful. Also,
> including shipping, it's actually less expensive. I like the idea of
> going through the factory, and eliminating that "dealer charge". MY
> BGE dealer said something that really raised a red flag as well. She
> said that sometimes getting products from the company has been a
> challenge. That "it's almost like they don't really want to run the
> business". Another thing is she just had pulled a few bags of the
> lump off the truck, and instead of being the normal $16.99 per bag,
> they had new stickers of $19.99 on them. Gosh, that's a HUGE jump,
> nearly 18%!!
>
> I am sure that the BGE and Kamado are very comparible as far as the
> ability to do the job. BUT, from things that I've read here at this
> newsgroup, my own feelings I get, and the history of the Kamado, I've
> decided to go the Kamado route.
>
> Someone want to pass some of their spatched chicken this way, while I
> wait for the Kamada??

Jack Curry

Patti wrote:

Much snippage-

> Well, here I am at google, an unbiased forum, and what do I find????
> I found the word....Kamado. So being the researcher that I am, I
> spend all day and evening last night reading everything their was to
> read on the subject. And now I find that, I guess I hadn't researched
> it as thouroghly as I thought.

It's a pleasure to have a new afb member who has taken the time to research
before asking the same questions we've heard and answered so many times
before. I think you'll be very happy with a Kamado.
Jack Curry

Harry Demidavicius

On 19 Oct 2003 10:53:11 -0700, (Patti) wrote:

>I was all set to buy a BGE. I had spent ENTIRELY too much time at
>their website forum, and "felt" the tenacity with which they
>appreciate and adore their Big Green Egg. But the "little red flag"
>in me said, "hey P, you should check out someplace unbiased, and see
>if the results are the same".
>
>Well, here I am at google, an unbiased forum, and what do I find????
>I found the word....Kamado. So being the researcher that I am, I
>spend all day and evening last night reading everything their was to
>read on the subject. And now I find that, I guess I hadn't researched
>it as thouroghly as I thought.
>
>Suffice it to say, after spending time here...a Kamado is in the
>horizon for me. And I do mean horizon, it'll take 3 months to get it,
>but I it'll be worth the wait.
>
>It does everything that the BGE does AND it's beautiful. Also,
>including shipping, it's actually less expensive. I like the idea of
>going through the factory, and eliminating that "dealer charge". MY
>BGE dealer said something that really raised a red flag as well. She
>said that sometimes getting products from the company has been a
>challenge. That "it's almost like they don't really want to run the
>business". Another thing is she just had pulled a few bags of the
>lump off the truck, and instead of being the normal $16.99 per bag,
>they had new stickers of $19.99 on them. Gosh, that's a HUGE jump,
>nearly 18%!!
>
>I am sure that the BGE and Kamado are very comparible as far as the
>ability to do the job. BUT, from things that I've read here at this
>newsgroup, my own feelings I get, and the history of the Kamado, I've
>decided to go the Kamado route.
>
>Someone want to pass some of their spatched chicken this way, while I
>wait for the Kamada??

Buying more than one are you, Patti? Kamada is the plural for Kamado,
right? You'll love them/it.

Harry
Ralph

You might want to consider getting it now, there is a sale on for the rest
of the month as well as 35% off shipping. Kamado says they will be setting
up a dealer network after that and prices will go up substantially.

We use our Kamados about 3-5 times a week. We haven't used our oven in over
a year.

Ralph

"Patti" > wrote in message
om...
<snip>
> Suffice it to say, after spending time here...a Kamado is in the
> horizon for me. And I do mean horizon, it'll take 3 months to get it,
> but I it'll be worth the wait.

Kamado does right by me. Matthew L. Martin Barbecue 5 12-04-2005 02:51 AM
BGE or Kamado fatsam Barbecue 29 07-09-2004 09:49 PM
Saw our first Kamado bk Barbecue 5 24-07-2004 11:23 PM
Kamado Dave Barbecue 26 29-06-2004 02:44 AM
Kamado On E-Bay JL Barbecue 10 20-12-2003 04:55 PM