Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default How Long Do You Cook Roast Beef, Pork Chops, Or Baby Back Ribs?

If you're wondering how long do you cook roast beef, pork chops, or
baby back ribs, the answer really depends on the amount of meat you
are cooking, and whether you are grilling it, cooking it in the oven,
or in the case of pork chops, frying it. Either way, follow these
simple guidelines and you are sure to have delicious, juicy, and
tender meat when you are finished cooking.
When it comes to how long do you cook roast beef, pork chops, or baby
back ribs, let's start with the roast beef. Before you begin cooking
your roast, it is a good idea to allow it to sit in a covered dish for
a few hours until it reaches room temperature. This keeps it from
having to be warmed by the oven before the actual cooking begins,
which can cause cooking times to be inaccurate, resulting in the meat
being tough. You should also sprinkle meat tenderizer and several
seasonings on your roast beef while it sits to allow the beef to
marinate in the flavor of the spices. Put the meat into a shallow pan
designed for roasting, with the strip of fat on top. This will help
the meat become more flavorful as it cooks and will also protect the
top from overcooking. If you use a meat thermometer, you will know it
is done when the temperature has reached approximately 150 - 160
degrees F.
And for knowing how long do you cook roast beef, pork chops, or baby
back ribs, you will need to keep in mind that there are various ways
of cooking pork chops. One rule of thumb is to look at the coloring.
The meat of pork chops becomes almost white when it is cooked
thoroughly. Baking them at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes usually
produces perfectly done chops. Season them before baking or frying for
extra flavor. Make sure that there in no pink in the middle when they
are finished cooking.
And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you have
two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake them
in the oven. When grilling ribs, it is better to slow cook them over
indirect heat. You can achieve this on a charcoal grill by placing the
coals to only one side of the grill and putting your ribs on the
opposite side.

http://groups.google.com/group/arcook/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Preston Wilson wrote:

> And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
> pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you have
> two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake them
> in the oven.

Those are my choices?

Dang. And here I've been doing it wrong all along. Time to get rid of
all my smokers.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

RegForte wrote:
> Preston Wilson wrote:
>
>> And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
>> pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you
>> have two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake
>> them in the oven.

> Those are my choices?
>
> Dang. And here I've been doing it wrong all along. Time to get rid of
> all my smokers.

Smokers and pits on a bbq ng? Where the hell do ya think you are?

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Geeeze and I thought I wasn't the brightest bulb in the package.

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message

> "RegForte" > wrote in message
>> Preston Wilson wrote:
>>
>> > And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
>> > pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you have
>> > two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake them
>> > in the oven.

>> Those are my choices?
>>
>> Dang. And here I've been doing it wrong all along. Time to get rid of
>> all my smokers.

> It's not so bad, really, you could do both! Grill them for a while, and
> then
> bake them, or for a real treat, get creative and try it the other way
> around! How about frying... couldn't they be fried, like chicken? Put a
> pot
> of oil on top of the grill, heat the oil to about 360F, apply a beer
> batter,
> and voila! Grilled fried ribs!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Preston Wilson wrote:
> snip 411 words <

Heh. I'll take my ribs boiled, please... a little Kraft on the side if
you don't mind.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:31:06 -0700, RegForte wrote:

> Preston Wilson wrote:
>
>> And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
>> pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you have
>> two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake them
>> in the oven.

> Those are my choices?
>
> Dang. And here I've been doing it wrong all along. Time to get rid of
> all my smokers.

It's interesting to note how many people plagiarize bad articles to
promote something of their own - especially when they do it in a
group where many of the people are experts on those subjects.

The guy who wrote that article also bring us these other important
articles, such as:

# List of 20 Love Questions to Ask Someone
# Questions From Are You Really in Love Quizzes?
# Fun Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
# Printable Questions For Couples - The Benefits
# Romantic Questions For Couples - Should You Answer Them?
# The Importance of Building a List of 100 Questions Before Marriage
# Taking Free Online Compatibility Tests
# Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
# Are Printable Boyfriend Quizzes Proven Tools?
# Soul Mate Test
# Boyfriend-Girlfriend Tests - Should You Take Them?
# Good Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
# Relationship Compatibility Quiz Can Be Fun Questions to Get to
Know Someone
# The Importance of a Compatibility Relationship Test
# Free Marriage Compatibility Tests - A Great Tool to Know Your
Partner
# Free Marriage Compatibility Tests - Is it Worth Taking Them?
# Boyfriend-Girlfriend Tests - Should You Take Them?
# The Benefits of Couple Compatibility Tests
# Free Romantic Compatibility Tests - Useful Tools
# Intimate Questions to Ask Your Partner - Getting the Atmosphere
Right

This guy is really into testing. While you're waiting for your
baked ribs, you'll be answering all sorts of test questions.

ObSmokedFood: 3 slices of thick bacon on my salad [gasp] tonight.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:21:07 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
> wrote:

>"RegForte" > wrote in message
>> Preston Wilson wrote:
>>
>> > And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
>> > pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you have
>> > two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake them
>> > in the oven.

>> Those are my choices?
>>
>> Dang. And here I've been doing it wrong all along. Time to get rid of
>> all my smokers.

>It's not so bad, really, you could do both! Grill them for a while, and then
>bake them, or for a real treat, get creative and try it the other way
>around! How about frying... couldn't they be fried, like chicken? Put a pot
>of oil on top of the grill, heat the oil to about 360F, apply a beer batter,
>and voila! Grilled fried ribs!

That's.......

scary.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria wrote:

> That's.......
>
> scary.

Left out the pressure cooker and liquid smoke. :P

ribs: 225F for 4 hours over pecan.

The other stuff I get in a blister pack at Sams or Costco. ;D

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> Never thought of the pecan though. You are genius.

I can vouch for it. Good shit. I just did 2 lbs of shrimp
with it tonight. Mmmmmm.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 23, 9:06*pm, "DougW" >
wrote:
> Desideria wrote:
>
> > That's.......

> > scary.

> Left out the pressure cooker and liquid smoke. :P

Don;t you be dissin' liquid smoke. It's a great way to mask the taste
of the lighter fluid.
Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

RegForte wrote:
> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>
>> Never thought of the pecan though. You are genius.
>>

> I can vouch for it. Good shit. I just did 2 lbs of shrimp
> with it tonight. Mmmmmm.

It's also more due to having three huge pecan trees in the back
yard. Tried oak, but it just came out too strong. Still
think I prefer mesquite.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

DougW wrote:

> ribs: 225F for 4 hours over pecan.

NOW yer talkin'. Mmmmmmm!!!

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

LOL, never in my life did i think there was a positive to that stuff... i
considered carefully and think i prefer the lighter fluid, Lee
"Rick" > wrote in message
On Jul 23, 9:06 pm, "DougW" >
wrote:
> Desideria wrote:
>
> > That's.......

> > scary.

> Left out the pressure cooker and liquid smoke. :P

Don;t you be dissin' liquid smoke. It's a great way to mask the taste
of the lighter fluid.
Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

if he learned how to cook something decently he wouldn't have had to deal
with all of those romantic quizes, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:31:06 -0700, RegForte wrote:
>
>> Preston Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> And finally when you need to know how long do you cook roast beef,
>>> pork chops, or baby back ribs, you probably already know that you have
>>> two options for cooking ribs. You can either grill them or bake them
>>> in the oven.

>> Those are my choices?
>>
>> Dang. And here I've been doing it wrong all along. Time to get rid of
>> all my smokers.

> It's interesting to note how many people plagiarize bad articles to
> promote something of their own - especially when they do it in a
> group where many of the people are experts on those subjects.
>
> The guy who wrote that article also bring us these other important
> articles, such as:
>
> # List of 20 Love Questions to Ask Someone
> # Questions From Are You Really in Love Quizzes?
> # Fun Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
> # Printable Questions For Couples - The Benefits
> # Romantic Questions For Couples - Should You Answer Them?
> # The Importance of Building a List of 100 Questions Before Marriage
> # Taking Free Online Compatibility Tests
> # Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
> # Are Printable Boyfriend Quizzes Proven Tools?
> # Soul Mate Test
> # Boyfriend-Girlfriend Tests - Should You Take Them?
> # Good Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
> # Relationship Compatibility Quiz Can Be Fun Questions to Get to
> Know Someone
> # The Importance of a Compatibility Relationship Test
> # Free Marriage Compatibility Tests - A Great Tool to Know Your
> Partner
> # Free Marriage Compatibility Tests - Is it Worth Taking Them?
> # Boyfriend-Girlfriend Tests - Should You Take Them?
> # The Benefits of Couple Compatibility Tests
> # Free Romantic Compatibility Tests - Useful Tools
> # Intimate Questions to Ask Your Partner - Getting the Atmosphere
> Right
>

> This guy is really into testing. While you're waiting for your
> baked ribs, you'll be answering all sorts of test questions.
>
> ObSmokedFood: 3 slices of thick bacon on my salad [gasp] tonight.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian > wrote in -
september.org:

> Preston Wilson wrote:
>> snip 411 words <

> Heh. I'll take my ribs boiled, please... a little Kraft on the side if
> you don't mind.

ok fun is fun but thats just way too far there.