Pork Wings

Old 29-08-2008, 05:04 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pork Wings

Has anyone here come across this relatively new product? It comes from
Farmland Food Service and is a trimmed down pork shank with just a
single bone, it's like a mini pork butt on a stick.

I am trying to get the raw product, but it is currently only available
in a pre-cooked version from local distributors and is not available
retail.

I've got a pdf file if anybody is interested.

Steve
Old 29-08-2008, 07:30 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Marty, you might want to take a look at the PDF. It's good old Farmland
Industries of KC. http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

What's the tie in, if any between Farmland Industries and MFA (MO
Farmer's Association?)

To add to our discussion about water being used in cooking, what's the
reason for the water, as used in the cooking directions for these pork
wings, do you all think?

I wonder if you can get them in 2-3# frozen portions to cook at home,
since they look good and would probably make a great breakfast.

--
Nonny
Think of your vote as helping to
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:30:17 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

Marty, you might want to take a look at the PDF. It's good old Farmland
Industries of KC. http://www.farmlandfoodservice.com/p...wild_wings.pdf

What's the tie in, if any between Farmland Industries and MFA (MO
Farmer's Association?)

To add to our discussion about water being used in cooking, what's the
reason for the water, as used in the cooking directions for these pork
wings, do you all think?

I wonder if you can get them in 2-3# frozen portions to cook at home,
since they look good and would probably make a great breakfast.

Our local watering hole has been able to get these a couple of times
from their food distributor. They call them Hog Wings and serve them
with their chipoltle sauce....YUM! I'd love to be able to try these on
my smoker with some pablano sauce.