Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Flavorizer Bars for grills

Anyone ever use these at all? I'm about to purchase a Weber Genesis
E-320 grill and just browing through a few accessories to purchase for
it and came across this.

According to the product description, it will supposedly "catch
drippings and recirculate them into the air to infuse extra flavour
into meats."

Just was wondering if anybody has used them or is using them and how
you're finding it? Thanks for your time and courtesy.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"No Way" > wrote in message
> Anyone ever use these at all? I'm about to purchase a Weber Genesis
> E-320 grill and just browing through a few accessories to purchase for
> it and came across this.
>
> According to the product description, it will supposedly "catch
> drippings and recirculate them into the air to infuse extra flavour
> into meats."
>
> Just was wondering if anybody has used them or is using them and how
> you're finding it? Thanks for your time and courtesy.

All Weber grills come with flavorizer bars, a substitute for the ceramic
briquettes under the cooking grates that catch the drippings and flavor what
is cooking above. The flavorizer bars work well, without the hassle of
having ceramic briquettes under your grate. Either is crucial to cooking on
the grill. As I recently posted, the Genesis 320 has recently been recalled
from the market. /www.weberrecall.com/ Maybe you should hold off for a bit.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 26 May 2007 00:04:25 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>"No Way" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Anyone ever use these at all? I'm about to purchase a Weber Genesis
>> E-320 grill and just browing through a few accessories to purchase for
>> it and came across this.
>>
>> According to the product description, it will supposedly "catch
>> drippings and recirculate them into the air to infuse extra flavour
>> into meats."
>>
>> Just was wondering if anybody has used them or is using them and how
>> you're finding it? Thanks for your time and courtesy.
>>

>All Weber grills come with flavorizer bars, a substitute for the ceramic
>briquettes under the cooking grates that catch the drippings and flavor what
>is cooking above. The flavorizer bars work well, without the hassle of
>having ceramic briquettes under your grate. Either is crucial to cooking on
>the grill. As I recently posted, the Genesis 320 has recently been recalled
>from the market. /www.weberrecall.com/ Maybe you should hold off for a bit.
>
>Kent

Wow, Kent, thanks for the heads up on the recall notice. How in the
world is Home Depot still selling them both from the website and from
their stores?

Anyway, I have some more searching to do then. Thanks again.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 26, 6:49 pm, No Way > wrote:
> On Sat, 26 May 2007 00:04:25 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
> >"No Way" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Anyone ever use these at all? I'm about to purchase a Weber Genesis
> >> E-320 grill and just browing through a few accessories to purchase for
> >> it and came across this.

> >> According to the product description, it will supposedly "catch
> >> drippings and recirculate them into the air to infuse extra flavour
> >> into meats."

> >> Just was wondering if anybody has used them or is using them and how
> >> you're finding it? Thanks for your time and courtesy.

> >All Weber grills come with flavorizer bars, a substitute for the ceramic
> >briquettes under the cooking grates that catch the drippings and flavor what
> >is cooking above. The flavorizer bars work well, without the hassle of
> >having ceramic briquettes under your grate. Either is crucial to cooking on
> >the grill. As I recently posted, the Genesis 320 has recently been recalled
> >from the market. /www.weberrecall.com/Maybe you should hold off for a bit.

> >Kent

> Wow, Kent, thanks for the heads up on the recall notice. How in the
> world is Home Depot still selling them both from the website and from
> their stores?
>
> Anyway, I have some more searching to do then. Thanks again.

Dude,

HD knew about this recall in February, I tried to buy a E-320 and they
wouldn't sell me that model even though they had plenty in stock.
Weber sent a representative to my local HD and serviced their entire
stock before HD would sell the model. At this point if you are buying
from HD ask if the E-320 that they carry are post recall, you are
probably ok. Either way, the fix is easy and Weber will send you the
part which is easily replaced.

Brent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 28 May 2007 09:05:05 -0700, Brent > wrote:

>On May 26, 6:49 pm, No Way > wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 May 2007 00:04:25 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>> >"No Way" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >All Weber grills come with flavorizer bars, a substitute for the ceramic
>> >briquettes under the cooking grates that catch the drippings and flavor what
>> >is cooking above. The flavorizer bars work well, without the hassle of
>> >having ceramic briquettes under your grate. Either is crucial to cooking on
>> >the grill. As I recently posted, the Genesis 320 has recently been recalled
>> >from the market. /www.weberrecall.com/Maybe you should hold off for a bit.

>> >Kent

>> Wow, Kent, thanks for the heads up on the recall notice. How in the
>> world is Home Depot still selling them both from the website and from
>> their stores?
>>
>> Anyway, I have some more searching to do then. Thanks again.

>Dude,
>
>HD knew about this recall in February, I tried to buy a E-320 and they
>wouldn't sell me that model even though they had plenty in stock.
>Weber sent a representative to my local HD and serviced their entire
>stock before HD would sell the model. At this point if you are buying
>from HD ask if the E-320 that they carry are post recall, you are
>probably ok. Either way, the fix is easy and Weber will send you the
>part which is easily replaced.
>
>Brent

Yeah, thanks for the tip, Brent. I've looked at other brands, but the
only thing that comes to close to the E-320 is Vermont Casting's unit,
but I still prefer the E-320.

I'll be sure to ask my local HD whether the units they're selling are
post recall or have had them serviced already. Thanks again.

Weber Flavorizer Bars Again Kent[_5_] Barbecue 22 11-07-2011 12:53 AM
Flavorizer Bars Smart Rectum Barbecue 0 06-07-2011 08:28 PM
Flavorizer Bars - what to do Kent[_5_] Barbecue 7 05-07-2011 11:53 AM
Do flavorizer bars on Weber Genesis grills rust out? mark Barbecue 28 12-07-2009 08:48 PM
Custom Flavorizer Bars - Is SS necessary ? John Munsey Jr Barbecue 5 14-08-2004 01:52 AM