Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Restaurant Menus and Prices

I live in Tucson, Az. We have a couple of "OK" bbq places hear but they
are far from being anything that I would call amazing and most I would
bairly call good. The brisket we get is rubber and lacks the smokey
juicy goodness that you should have after a long smoke. And the two that
are some what good are a little on the pricey side.

Rack Ribs $17.00
1/2 Rack $13.00
Lunch RIbs (3 bones 2 sides) $9.99
Chopped pork $8.00 sandwich
Brisket Sandwich $7.00

I would love to see what the rest of the BBQ eating nation pays for there
"Good" bbq......

-RagingChef (Aka Ben)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Raging Chef (Aka Ben)" > wrote in
news
> I live in Tucson, Az. We have a couple of "OK" bbq places hear but
> they are far from being anything that I would call amazing and most I
> would bairly call good. The brisket we get is rubber and lacks the
> smokey juicy goodness that you should have after a long smoke. And
> the two that are some what good are a little on the pricey side.
>
> Rack Ribs $17.00
> 1/2 Rack $13.00
> Lunch RIbs (3 bones 2 sides) $9.99
> Chopped pork $8.00 sandwich
> Brisket Sandwich $7.00
>

> I would love to see what the rest of the BBQ eating nation pays for
> there "Good" bbq......

That looks expensive to me, especially for average cue. In my
experience, the good stuff tends to be in the less refined places, so
the prices are no more than the average places housed in nicer
buildings. As a ballpark, I would say about $10 for a pound of brisket,
or pretty much any other meat for that matter. A sandwich shouldn't be
more than about $4 for a sandwich by itself, IMO.

-Jeff
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Raging Chef (Aka Ben) wrote:
> I live in Tucson, Az. We have a couple of "OK" bbq places hear but they
> are far from being anything that I would call amazing and most I would
> bairly call good. The brisket we get is rubber and lacks the smokey
> juicy goodness that you should have after a long smoke. And the two that
> are some what good are a little on the pricey side.

I feel for you. I moved from Florida to Arizona and I haven't been able
ot find a good BBQ place. I have noticed that mexican resturaunts and
bbq resturaunts have somthing in common. The more rundown the building
the better the food.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ag ag is offline

>"Raging Chef (Aka Ben) wrote:

snip
> I would love to see what the rest of the BBQ eating nation pays for there
> "Good" bbq......
>

> -RagingChef (Aka Ben)

It's hard to say here in North Georgia.
not counting those corporate rib places I have paid, ballpark:
between $17 and $20 for a rack of babybacks
Between $13 and $18 for spares
I don't usually get a half rack cause when I do I always have a bad
experience
Lunch rib plates about $7
Pork sandwiches around $4 as a plate $6 - $7
(We have Armstrongs over in Summerville that does a $3 pork sandwich.)
no brisket worth mention that I know of (open to input from others on this)

The pricing here is backwards to me though. The places that I like that
smoke with real wood and pull their pork are usually cheaper than the
propane fired slicers with thin weak sauces. I am not sure why that is but
it works for me.

ag

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Raging Chef (Aka Ben) wrote:
> I live in Tucson, Az. We have a couple of "OK" bbq places hear but they
> are far from being anything that I would call amazing and most I would
> bairly call good. The brisket we get is rubber and lacks the smokey
> juicy goodness that you should have after a long smoke. And the two that
> are some what good are a little on the pricey side.
>
> Rack Ribs $17.00
> 1/2 Rack $13.00
> Lunch RIbs (3 bones 2 sides) $9.99
> Chopped pork $8.00 sandwich
> Brisket Sandwich $7.00
>

> I would love to see what the rest of the BBQ eating nation pays for there
> "Good" bbq......
>

> -RagingChef (Aka Ben)

You are right about the quality of bbq in Tucson, I've tried most of
them and have not been impressed. Probably the best of the bunch is
Famous Dave's and its a chain. Went to a party catered by one of the
bbq restaurants and thier idea of pulled pork was pork roast shreded up
and full of fat and gristle. But hey, we do have some of the best
mexican food around. -RP

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Raging Chef (Aka Ben) wrote:
> I live in Tucson, Az. We have a couple of "OK" bbq places hear but they
> are far from being anything that I would call amazing and most I would
> bairly call good. The brisket we get is rubber and lacks the smokey
> juicy goodness that you should have after a long smoke. And the two that
> are some what good are a little on the pricey side.
>
> Rack Ribs $17.00
> 1/2 Rack $13.00
> Lunch RIbs (3 bones 2 sides) $9.99
> Chopped pork $8.00 sandwich
> Brisket Sandwich $7.00
>

> I would love to see what the rest of the BBQ eating nation pays for there
> "Good" bbq......
>

> -RagingChef (Aka Ben)

Dude, I have only seen chain restaurants here in Tucson. I asked some
neighbors for a good barbecue place and they said Tony Roma's. Yikes!
Bub's Grub or something like that in Catalina is not too bad from being
from Wisconsin originally. The portions are good and the prices are
reasonable.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sonoran Dude wrote:
> Raging Chef (Aka Ben) wrote:

> Dude, I have only seen chain restaurants here in Tucson. I asked some
> neighbors for a good barbecue place and they said Tony Roma's. Yikes!
> Bub's Grub or something like that in Catalina is not too bad from being
> from Wisconsin originally. The portions are good and the prices are
> reasonable.

Unfortunately, Bub's is the one who catered the party I went to. -RP

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Randy wrote:

> Sonoran Dude wrote:
>> Raging Chef (Aka Ben) wrote:

> Unfortunately, Bub's is the one who catered the party I went to. -RP

Hmm... I don't think it is fair to judge a restaurant by the catering
crew. If the butts were smoked in the field the cook may have mixed in
more fat than usual to help it cover the number of plates. Who knows...

As far as their restaurant in Catalina, I've been there twice and both
times the place was packed. Granted it is a Saddlebrook early bird
dining room but all those old farts wouldn't be packing the place every
night if it wasn't somewhat edible.