Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Nutritional Analysis Software

I am looking for a nutritional analysis software that will allow you to
create a recipe and include a portion of another recipe in it. I want
it for creating and revising recipes. Has anyone used such a product
or have one to recommend?

Posted to rec.food.baking

You can search it in the web if you key in nutritional software ..but
your question that you can just create a recipe by knowing the
nutritional values is somewhat strange.....
A certain value of the amount of protein, the
carbohydrate,fats,kilojoules and fiber in a particular food is not a
guarantee that immediately you can come up with a practical
formulation that will exhibit the expected values...?

The comparison between theortical and measured values of the nutrients
in the proposed end product will likely result in a wide margin of
error.
I don't know how did you come up with such idea that recipe creation
can be easily done by knowing nutritional values?

margo wrote:
> I am looking for a nutritional analysis software that will allow you to
> create a recipe and include a portion of another recipe in it. I want
> it for creating and revising recipes. Has anyone used such a product
> or have one to recommend?

Posted to rec.food.baking

"chembake" > wrote in news:1149747879.833354.75650
@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I don't know how did you come up with such idea that recipe creation
> can be easily done by knowing nutritional values?

I think what they are wanting is say....

I have a recipe for Tomato Sauce w/ Meat
I have a recipe for Homemade Mozzarella
I have a Recipe for Homemade Ricotta
I have a Recipe for Homemade Lasagna Noodles.

I want to write a recipe for Lasagna, I want to use my own sauce, noodles &
cheeses + other ingredients

So my lasagna recipe, I want it's nutritional info to show the nutritional
info from my custom recipes used in the dish + the other ingredients used
for the Lasagna's full nutritional info.
Posted to rec.food.baking

On 7 Jun 2006 23:04:48 -0700, "margo" > wrote:

>I am looking for a nutritional analysis software that will allow you to
>create a recipe and include a portion of another recipe in it. I want
>it for creating and revising recipes. Has anyone used such a product
>or have one to recommend?

MasterCook from www.valuesoft.com does this. I have the recipes for
my manicotti as manicotti sauce, manicotti filling and manicotti
shells. The complete recipe lists each item as a recipe and then I
can add the assembly and baking instructions. You can then get the
nutrition assessment for the completed item. I have been using
MasterCook for a number of years and like it very much. I think it is
about $20.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.baking

Yes, this is correct. Really, I am wanting to create a protein bar
with calories similar to some I have tried. One ingrediant is carmel so
I was trying to make a low calorie caramel sauce. I would need to use
a small portion of the caramel sauce in the bar. I would be taking the
caramel sauce recipe and using a small portion of it in the actual
protein bar. I would like to have the calories and grams of protein
and carbohydrates to be accurate in the protein bar. I tried a
software program for this, "Recipe Analyzer II" and it was not
accurate.
Mike H wrote:
> "chembake" > wrote in news:1149747879.833354.75650
> @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I don't know how did you come up with such idea that recipe creation
> > can be easily done by knowing nutritional values?
> >

> I think what they are wanting is say....
>
> I have a recipe for Tomato Sauce w/ Meat
> I have a recipe for Homemade Mozzarella
> I have a Recipe for Homemade Ricotta
> I have a Recipe for Homemade Lasagna Noodles.
>
> I want to write a recipe for Lasagna, I want to use my own sauce, noodles &
> cheeses + other ingredients
>
> So my lasagna recipe, I want it's nutritional info to show the nutritional
> info from my custom recipes used in the dish + the other ingredients used
> for the Lasagna's full nutritional info.

Posted to rec.food.baking

Mike H wrote:
> "chembake" > wrote in news:1149747879.833354.75650
> @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I don't know how did you come up with such idea that recipe creation
> > can be easily done by knowing nutritional values?
> >

> I think what they are wanting is say....
>
> I have a recipe for Tomato Sauce w/ Meat
> I have a recipe for Homemade Mozzarella
> I have a Recipe for Homemade Ricotta
> I have a Recipe for Homemade Lasagna Noodles.
>
> I want to write a recipe for Lasagna, I want to use my own sauce, noodles &
> cheeses + other ingredients
>
> So my lasagna recipe, I want it's nutritional info to show the nutritional
> info from my custom recipes used in the dish + the other ingredients used
> for the Lasagna's full nutritional info.

Posted to rec.food.baking

margo wrote:
> Yes, this is correct. Really, I am wanting to create a protein bar
> with calories similar to some I have tried. One ingrediant is carmel so
> I was trying to make a low calorie caramel sauce. I would need to use
> a small portion of the caramel sauce in the bar. I would be taking the
> caramel sauce recipe and using a small portion of it in the actual
> protein bar. I would like to have the calories and grams of protein
> and carbohydrates to be accurate in the protein bar. I tried a
> software program for this, "Recipe Analyzer II" and it was not
> accurate.

That is one of the reason that you will never get an accurate estimate
of your nutrient values based on theoritical calculations....Too much
dependence on software will not enable you to reach your target..!
There is always the significant difference between the theoritical and
the experimentally measured values...

Posted to rec.food.baking

Mastercook

http://www.valusoft.com/products/mastercook.html