No One

Default Cream Cheese Icing

Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese - 2
cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

Vox Humana

"No One" > wrote in message
> Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
> made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
> counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese -

2
> cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

I do, but a cake never lasts more than a couple of days in my household.

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
>made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
>counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese - 2
>cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

I don't like to take chances with dairy stuff, but cream cheese has
always seemed more stable than others. A day and a half wouldn't hurt.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
>made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
>counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese - 2
>cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

I don't like to take chances with dairy stuff, but cream cheese has
always seemed more stable than others. A day and a half wouldn't hurt.
No One

Thanks for the info. Single, 9x13x2, is going to take me a while to eat.
The frig, it is!
"No One" > wrote in message
> Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
> made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
> counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese -

2
> cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

Vox Humana

"No One" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. Single, 9x13x2, is going to take me a while to eat.
> The frig, it is!

The freezer might be a better option. Baked goods tend to go stale much
faster under refrigeration. There is some controversy as to why. One
reason that most people agree upon is that they dehydrate. Starches undergo
a process that makes them harder when refrigerated (like cooked rice that
gets tough upon refrigeration) and that may also play a role. You could
divide the cake into several sections and freeze the portions you can't eat
quickly.

Darrell Grainger

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, No One wrote:

> Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
> made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
> counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese - 2
> cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

I wouldn't leave it out for more than a day. Actually, I've found that
leaving it in the fridge for a few days makes carrot cake taste better.

Don't send e-mail to
Darrell Grainger

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, No One wrote:

> Thanks for the info. Single, 9x13x2, is going to take me a while to eat.
> The frig, it is!

You're not sharing? That is a lot of carrot cake for one person. I think
that would take me a month to eat on my own. I'm not sure if this will
stay good for a month in the fridge. You might want to freeze some of it.

> "No One" > wrote in message
> > Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
> > made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
> > counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese -

> 2
> > cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

Don't send e-mail to
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Sun, 13
Jun 2004 00:16:24 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
Petey the Wonder Dog > reported:

>Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>>Can you leave a cake that has cream cheese icing unrefrigerated? I just
>>made a carrot cake with one and would prefer to leave it covered on the
>>counter but will put in the frig. if it is required. 8 Oz cream cheese - 2
>>cups powdered sugar + other stuff.

>I don't like to take chances with dairy stuff, but cream cheese has
>always seemed more stable than others. A day and a half wouldn't hurt.

I don't tend to agree, but then I live in a hot climate.

And if the icing has eggs in it, however, then certainly do not leave
it un-refrigerated at all.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
Dave Bell

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Darrell Grainger wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, No One wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info. Single, 9x13x2, is going to take me a while to eat.
> > The frig, it is!

> You're not sharing? That is a lot of carrot cake for one person. I think
> that would take me a month to eat on my own. I'm not sure if this will
> stay good for a month in the fridge. You might want to freeze some of it.

We had a young German Shepherd (dog, not sheep herder!) who managed a
finished, cream-cheese iced, 9x13 carrot cake, solo, while we were out for
an hour. It CAN be done!

Vox Humana

"Dave Bell" > wrote in message
rea.net...
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Darrell Grainger wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, No One wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the info. Single, 9x13x2, is going to take me a while to

eat.
> > > The frig, it is!

> > You're not sharing? That is a lot of carrot cake for one person. I think
> > that would take me a month to eat on my own. I'm not sure if this will
> > stay good for a month in the fridge. You might want to freeze some of

it.

> We had a young German Shepherd (dog, not sheep herder!) who managed a
> finished, cream-cheese iced, 9x13 carrot cake, solo, while we were out for
> an hour. It CAN be done!

German Shepherd dogs are so smart it can be a challenge to live with them!

Pumpkin Pound Cake With Cream Cheese Icing Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 19-11-2007 03:21 AM
REC: Mini banana muffins with cream-cheese icing PeterLucas[_4_] General Cooking 2 02-10-2007 11:56 PM
Ginger Icing (Cream Cheese Frosting with Candied Ginger) Judy Bolton Recipes (moderated) 0 04-06-2005 03:17 AM
cream cheese icing Toneeka Baking 4 17-06-2004 07:13 PM
Orange/cream cheese butter icing recipe † cal General Cooking 3 13-05-2004 09:24 PM