N. Thornton

Default What is the best brand of cake pans ?

http://cooksdream.com/thestore/B.html that Magic
> Line does not have perfectly straight sides and that Ultimate
> Bakerware are supposed to be the best pans. It also goes on to say
> "Recent research and studies have found that a heavy shiny aluminum
> pan will bake faster, more evenly, and give consistent results. The
> lower the gauge in metal the heavier the pan is." The Magic Line and
> the Ultimate Bakerware are both 16 gauge. The Wilton pans are 18
> gauge. But there is another brand I found online that wasn't even
> mentioned on the website called American Metalcraft that is 14 gauge
> and is supposed to be a "professional" pan.
>
> Help !!! What brands have you guys tried ? Which ones did you like and
> not like ?

I think it all depends on whether youre going for non stick or using
paper: if using paper, stove enamelled is hard to beat. But almost
anything will work with paper lining.

Thick ali will help spread the heat if your oven isnt heating evenly.
I've not noticed that problem myself, but I dont do a great amount of
baking. I've found non stick is a pretty poor substitute for paper.

Regards, NT

Nordic Ware cake pans JAS Marketplace 0 06-11-2007 07:02 PM
my mother's cake pans Elyse Baking 5 15-08-2007 09:25 PM
Cake Pans Frank103 Baking 19 22-09-2006 03:32 AM
Layer Cake Pans Frank103 General Cooking 7 16-08-2006 03:30 PM
What is the best brand of cake pans ? Angela Baking 8 13-05-2004 04:28 PM