Dan Wenz

Default Pizelle Iron - Cast Iron or Non-stick?

"Googling" shows me a myriad of the irons out there. I'm looking for a
electric iron, at least 2 5" pizelles, but would like you pizellers out
there to let me have your opinions on the difference between the plain
cast-iron and non-stick models' pizelles. The wife prefers a crisp
pizelle, and I bow to her wishes :-)
pheasant

"Dan Wenz" > wrote in message
> "Googling" shows me a myriad of the irons out there. I'm looking for a
> electric iron, at least 2 5" pizelles, but would like you pizellers out
> there to let me have your opinions on the difference between the plain
> cast-iron and non-stick models' pizelles. The wife prefers a crisp
> pizelle, and I bow to her wishes :-)

Non-stick; it's a no brainer. Our lefse flatbread and pizelles all turn out
great. Here's one case where if grandma had teflon available, this question
would never arise.

Mark
--
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Eric Jorgensen

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:36:55 -0600
"pheasant" > wrote:

> "Dan Wenz" > wrote in message
> > "Googling" shows me a myriad of the irons out there. I'm looking for a
> > electric iron, at least 2 5" pizelles, but would like you pizellers out
> >
> > there to let me have your opinions on the difference between the plain
> > cast-iron and non-stick models' pizelles. The wife prefers a crisp
> > pizelle, and I bow to her wishes :-)

> Non-stick; it's a no brainer. Our lefse flatbread and pizelles all turn
> out great. Here's one case where if grandma had teflon available, this
> question would never arise.

Properly maintained, cast iron is essentially non-stick.
Dan Wenz

Thanks to responders! Final choice was for a 3 ovals iron, 10 year
warranty, by Palmer from fantes.com - they also had a lot of oils,
extracts, flavors, to say nothing of the lemon squeezer we also ordered
from them. The last, defunct, iron we had wasn't non-stick, and neither
is the new one, and we had no problems with it, so all should be well in
the pizzelle department shortly.
dizzi

Wanna share some recipes?