Rich's "Bettercreme"

Old 19-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Diane W. Saunders
Usenet poster

Default Rich's "Bettercreme"

I purchased Rich's "Bettercreme" and need to know who among you have
experience with it. I know I should have posed the question before
buying it but another rush to judgment by myself. It comes in gallon
containers so another question is can I whip up the remainder and
freeze it for use at another time????? Any and all responses much
appreciated.
Old 19-10-2003, 03:24 AM
Vox Humana
Usenet poster

"Diane W. Saunders" wrote in message
om...
I purchased Rich's "Bettercreme" and need to know who among you have
experience with it. I know I should have posed the question before
buying it but another rush to judgment by myself. It comes in gallon
containers so another question is can I whip up the remainder and
freeze it for use at another time????? Any and all responses much
appreciated.

I have used the stuff before. It is non-dairy and has a shelf life
(refrigerated) of about 12 years! You can freeze it and defrost it and whip
it as needed. Don't whip it and the freeze it. Bettercreme also comes in
quarts which might be a more convenient size for the home baker.
http://richs.com/bakerydeli_products_1.asp

Old 20-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Chef Riggy
Usenet poster

I personally don't care for the "fake" taste. I prefer heavy cream of at
least 36% milkfat, sweetened or not, flavored or not. It won't stay fluffy
indefinitely, but it will last at least a couple of days without
re-whipping.