FoodBanter.com

-   -   Rich's "Bettercreme" (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/47-richs-bettercreme.html)

Diane W. Saunders 19-10-2003 12:49 AM

Rich's "Bettercreme"

I purchased Rich's "Bettercreme" and need to know who among you have
experience with it. I know I should have posed the question before
buying it but another rush to judgment by myself. It comes in gallon
containers so another question is can I whip up the remainder and
freeze it for use at another time????? Any and all responses much
appreciated.

Vox Humana 19-10-2003 03:24 AM

Rich's "Bettercreme"

"Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
om...
> I purchased Rich's "Bettercreme" and need to know who among you have
> experience with it. I know I should have posed the question before
> buying it but another rush to judgment by myself. It comes in gallon
> containers so another question is can I whip up the remainder and
> freeze it for use at another time????? Any and all responses much
> appreciated.

I have used the stuff before. It is non-dairy and has a shelf life
(refrigerated) of about 12 years! You can freeze it and defrost it and whip
it as needed. Don't whip it and the freeze it. Bettercreme also comes in
quarts which might be a more convenient size for the home baker.
http://richs.com/bakerydeli_products_1.asp

Chef Riggy 20-10-2003 04:33 PM

Rich's "Bettercreme"

I personally don't care for the "fake" taste. I prefer heavy cream of at
least 36% milkfat, sweetened or not, flavored or not. It won't stay fluffy
indefinitely, but it will last at least a couple of days without
re-whipping.