baker1

Default Banana Bread...how to keep it crunchy?

On the opposite spectrum, I bake a normal Banana quick bread and it
comes out very crunchy on top...just perfect. However, it softens up
and the only way to get it crunchy is to toast it. Is there a way to
keep it cruncy...lilke a sourdough bread gets?

Thx again.
Vox Humana

"baker1" > wrote in message
> On the opposite spectrum, I bake a normal Banana quick bread and it
> comes out very crunchy on top...just perfect. However, it softens up
> and the only way to get it crunchy is to toast it. Is there a way to
> keep it cruncy...lilke a sourdough bread gets?

No. It goes soft because the moisture from the crumb wicks into the crust.

baker1

Ah, yes, that would make sense. Guess it's the toaster method.
Thanks Vox

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:37:10 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"baker1" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On the opposite spectrum, I bake a normal Banana quick bread and it
>> comes out very crunchy on top...just perfect. However, it softens up
>> and the only way to get it crunchy is to toast it. Is there a way to
>> keep it cruncy...lilke a sourdough bread gets?

>No. It goes soft because the moisture from the crumb wicks into the crust.

Banana bread [email protected] General Cooking 51 21-10-2014 12:03 PM
Banana Nut Bread Lee[_17_] Baking 2 28-01-2010 10:22 PM
Banana Bread Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 01:02 AM
My Banana Bread Tim Recipes 0 18-06-2005 12:44 PM
Banana Bread [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 02:27 AM