Spritz cookie maker?

Old 19-11-2004, 04:03 AM
sandy
Usenet poster

Default Spritz cookie maker?

Hi! Everyone,
Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm having a lot of
problems,,,,,when I put the dough in and press down,,the press pops up no
matter how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and am I doing something
wrong? Please help.
Thanks for all your help.Sandy

Old 19-11-2004, 06:25 AM
jacqui{JB}
Usenet poster

"sandy" wrote in message

Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm
having a lot of problems,,,,,when I put the dough
in and press down,,the press pops up no matter
how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and
am I doing something wrong? Please help.
Thanks for all your help.Sandy

Sounds to me like your cookie dough's too stiff. Are you using a
recipe specifically for a cookie press? Most of the press recipes
I've seen generally have some explanation what to do if the dough
isn't coming out of the press -- the dough's too cold (the butter's
too hard), there's too much flour (creating a stiffer dough), that
kind of thing.

-j

Old 19-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Vox Humana
Usenet poster

"sandy" wrote in message
Hi! Everyone,
Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm having a lot of
problems,,,,,when I put the dough in and press down,,the press pops up no
matter how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and am I doing

something
wrong? Please help.
Thanks for all your help.Sandy

Maybe it's the cookie press.

Old 19-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Boron Elgar
Usenet poster

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:03:34 -0500, "sandy"
wrote:

Hi! Everyone,
Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm having a lot of
problems,,,,,when I put the dough in and press down,,the press pops up no
matter how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and am I doing something
wrong? Please help.
Thanks for all your help.Sandy

I would say it is the cookie press. They don't make them like they
used to and it is a kitchen item that I had difficulty replacing with
a quality unit recently.

Boron
Old 19-11-2004, 08:00 PM
sandy
Usenet poster

Thanks for your help.......I'm going to try to get a metal one like I had
many years ago.