FoodBanter.com

-   -   Spritz cookie maker? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/44509-spritz-cookie-maker.html)

sandy 19-11-2004 04:03 AM

Spritz cookie maker?

Hi! Everyone,
Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm having a lot of
problems,,,,,when I put the dough in and press down,,the press pops up no
matter how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and am I doing something
wrong? Please help.
Thanks for all your help.Sandy

jacqui{JB} 19-11-2004 06:25 AM

"sandy" > wrote in message

> Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm
> having a lot of problems,,,,,when I put the dough
> in and press down,,the press pops up no matter
> how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and
> am I doing something wrong? Please help.
> Thanks for all your help.Sandy

Sounds to me like your cookie dough's too stiff. Are you using a
recipe specifically for a cookie press? Most of the press recipes
I've seen generally have some explanation what to do if the dough
isn't coming out of the press -- the dough's too cold (the butter's
too hard), there's too much flour (creating a stiffer dough), that
kind of thing.

-j

Vox Humana 19-11-2004 04:12 PM

"sandy" > wrote in message
> Hi! Everyone,
> Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm having a lot of
> problems,,,,,when I put the dough in and press down,,the press pops up no
> matter how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and am I doing

something
> wrong? Please help.
> Thanks for all your help.Sandy

Maybe it's the cookie press.

Boron Elgar 19-11-2004 06:14 PM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:03:34 -0500, "sandy"
> wrote:

>Hi! Everyone,
>Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm having a lot of
>problems,,,,,when I put the dough in and press down,,the press pops up no
>matter how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and am I doing something
>wrong? Please help.
>Thanks for all your help.Sandy

I would say it is the cookie press. They don't make them like they
used to and it is a kitchen item that I had difficulty replacing with
a quality unit recently.

Boron

sandy 19-11-2004 08:00 PM

Thanks for your help.......I'm going to try to get a metal one like I had
many years ago.