maria

Default Parrozzo

Have you ever taste Parrozzo? the recipe is here
http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/Ricett...?idRicetta=116
Best regards
Maria

You can try also neole, bocconotti ecc.
http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/ListaR...ngrediente=abc
Dave Bell

maria wrote:

> Have you ever taste Parrozzo? the recipe is here
> http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/Ricett...?idRicetta=116
> Best regards
> Maria
>
> You can try also neole, bocconotti ecc.
> http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/ListaR...ngrediente=abc

The Parrozzo looks lovely, but is there a link to it in the English side
of the site? The best I could get out of Babelfish is below. (Note
however, the *clear* reference to kitchen fairies!)

Directory of the ingredients

• 12 eggs
• g 300 almonds milled raw with the peel
• g 300 semola
• g 500 sugar
• ½ glass of sambuca (or ½ glass of liqueur of macaroon)
• some drop of essence of bitter almond

Execution of the prescription

After to have sbollentato the almonds in aqua hot, sbuccia you them and
it steps on them to you in the mortar with 2-3 sugar spoons, much from
ridurle in powder.
You fuse the butter, putting some in disparte one small amount,
necessary in order to grease the tortiera. The egg whites monateli to
snow, rather hard, salando hardly; to part the egg yolks with the
remaining sugar mounted, therefore to obtain a spumoso compound and
white man, to which joined the powder of almonds, the flour, the fecola
and the fused butter cooled quado the amagama it seems to you smooth and
homogenous, add the egg whites.
Poured the compound in one tortiera imburrata and infarinata, therefore
passes to you I put into an oven it warmth to 180° and fairies to cook
for approximately 40 minuteren. Sfornate the parrozzo and leaves you to
cool it. In a casserole it mails in a bain-marie on the fire, you melt
the chocolate, then pours it over the cake, covering it with one thin
layer to you.

To piacimento you can decorate of the surface with listarelle d almonds.

Elements of the tradition.

The abruzzesi peasants prepared, for autoconsumo, for a long time
immemorabile a bread with the flour of granturco, semispherical and
cooked shape in the firewood furnace, that they called Rozzo Bread, in
contrast to that fact with the grain flour, and therefore white woman,
to sell itself to the "getlteman". At the beginning of the past century
Luigi D' Amico a confectionery transposition had the hunger idea,
reproducing the yellow of granturco with that one of eggs, maintaining
unchanged the semispherical shape and using a fusing chocolate cover
most fine, and therefore of black color, in order to reproduce the dark
one of characteristic the superficial bruciacchiature of the baking in
the firewood furnace and, on precise indication of Gabriel D' Annunzio,
Parrozzo called it. Numerous the letters, the poetries and the
dedications of Of Notice for this its preferred cake.

The recording of Marchi and relative Brevetti to the Parrozzo is of
1926. Beyond to the pescarese Poet, other abruzzesi artists contributed
to the birth of this new Cake: Luigi Antonelli, commediografo and
teatrale critic whom the History of the Parrozzo wrote; Arming
Cermignani, ceramista insigne that it realized the designs and the
colors of the box it; Master Di Jorio Who music̣ the song of the
Parrozzo on text of the umanista Cesar De Titta.
maria

J'll post the recipe translated in english ASAP.
By from Abruzzo
Maria

Dave Bell > wrote in message .com>...
> [...]

> unchanged the semispherical shape and using a fusing chocolate cover
> most fine, and therefore of black color, in order to reproduce the dark
> one of characteristic the superficial bruciacchiature of the baking in
> the firewood furnace and, on precise indication of Gabriel D' Annunzio,
> Parrozzo called it. Numerous the letters, the poetries and the
> dedications of Of Notice for this its preferred cake.
>
> The recording of Marchi and relative Brevetti to the Parrozzo is of
> 1926. Beyond to the pescarese Poet, other abruzzesi artists contributed
> to the birth of this new Cake: Luigi Antonelli, commediografo and
> teatrale critic whom the History of the Parrozzo wrote; Arming
> Cermignani, ceramista insigne that it realized the designs and the
> colors of the box it; Master Di Jorio Who music̣ the song of the
> Parrozzo on text of the umanista Cesar De Titta.

Dave Bell

Thank you, Maria!

The ingredients were easy enough to make out, but the "execution" and
interesting history were less clear... :{)

Dave

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, maria wrote:
> J'll post the recipe translated in english ASAP.
> By from Abruzzo
> Maria
>
> Dave Bell > wrote in message .com>...
> > maria wrote:
> >
> > > Have you ever taste Parrozzo? the recipe is here
> > > http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/Ricett...?idRicetta=116
> > > Best regards
> > > Maria
> > >
> > > You can try also neole, bocconotti ecc.
> > > http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/ListaR...ngrediente=abc

> > The Parrozzo looks lovely, but is there a link to it in the English side
> > of the site? The best I could get out of Babelfish is below. (Note
> > however, the *clear* reference to kitchen fairies!)

Dave Bell

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, maria wrote:
> J'll post the recipe translated in english ASAP.
> By from Abruzzo
> Maria
>
> Dave Bell > wrote in message .com>...
> > maria wrote:
> >
> > > Have you ever taste Parrozzo? the recipe is here
> > > http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/Ricett...?idRicetta=116
> > > Best regards
> > > Maria
> > >
> > > You can try also neole, bocconotti ecc.
> > > http://www.abruzzo.com/tavola/ListaR...ngrediente=abc

> > The Parrozzo looks lovely, but is there a link to it in the English side
> > of the site? The best I could get out of Babelfish is below. (Note
> > however, the *clear* reference to kitchen fairies!)

maria

Here is the recipe

gr 120 of sugar
80 of butter
gr 60 flour
4 eggs
gr 60 potatoes starch
gr 150 foundant chocolate
gr 60 sweet almond
gr 40 bitter almond
salt

After short boiling (just to peel-off them) peel off the almonds and
pound them in a mortar togheter with 2-3 spoons of sugar. You have to
reduce them in powder.
Melt the butter and put away a little quantity usefull to grase the
backing pan (tortiera). Whip (montate a neve) the albumens and add a
little salt. Using another recipient whip the yolks togheter with the
remaing sugar (you must obtain a white and frothy/foamy mix). Add
almonds powder, flour, starch and the cold melted butter. When the mix
looks very omogeneus and smooth add the whipped albumen. Pour the mix
in a greased (use butter and spride flour) backing pan (dont' forget
it must be an half spheare), then put into an hot oven (180 celsius
degree) and let it backing for 40 minuts. Take out of the oven the
parrozzo and let it to cool. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler pot
then pour it above the cake covering it whit a thin layer. If you like
yuo can decorate the cake with almond slices (not in the original
recipe)

For a long time Abruzzesi peasants are used to prepare, to consume by
theirselves, a special bread made with maize flour havig a
semispherical shape. It was baked in the firewood furnace and called
Pane Rozzo (Rough Bread) versus the white bread (prepared with wheat
grain flour) that was sold to rich people. At the beginnin of XX
century Luigi D'Amico had got the idea to make a cake maintaining
unchanged the semispherical shape and replacing the maize with white
flour ang obtainig the yellow color using eggs. Then he covered the
cake with a thin layer of fondant chocolate giving it a dark color to
reproduce the dark color of baking, and finally compling the precise
indications provided by Gabriele D'Annunzio called the cake
"Parrozzo". The Parrozzo was the favourite cake for D'Annunzio and he
wrote a lot of letters, poems and dedications. Trade marks for
Parrozzo are from 1926. Besides D'Annunzio a lot of artists from
Abruzzo contributed to the origin of this new cake: Luigi Antonelli,
dramatist and critic wrote the Parrozzo History, Armando Cermignani,
famous ceramist disegned the package, the conductor Di Jorio set to
music the song written by Cesare de Titta (remarkable humanist)

I put it also in this page so al lot of people can use it (there you
can see also the cake).
http://en.abruzzo.com/tavola/Ricetta.html?idRicetta=117

Please, maybe I have done some "big" mistake in translation, so can
you correct it.

If you would like to see the package (it's very nice) you can go here
http://en.abruzzo.com/prodotti/Prodotto.html?idProd=97

Dave Bell > wrote in message rea.net>...
> Thank you, Maria!
>
> The ingredients were easy enough to make out, but the "execution" and
> interesting history were less clear... :{)
>
> Dave
>
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, maria wrote:
> > J'll post the recipe translated in english ASAP.
> > By from Abruzzo
> > Maria
> >
> > Dave Bell > wrote in message .com>...

> > > The Parrozzo looks lovely, but is there a link to it in the English side
> > > of the site? The best I could get out of Babelfish is below. (Note
> > > however, the *clear* reference to kitchen fairies!)

Dave Bell

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, maria wrote:

> Here is the recipe

:
:
> I put it also in this page so al lot of people can use it (there you
> can see also the cake).
> http://en.abruzzo.com/tavola/Ricetta.html?idRicetta=117
>
> Please, maybe I have done some "big" mistake in translation, so can
> you correct it.
>
> If you would like to see the package (it's very nice) you can go here
> http://en.abruzzo.com/prodotti/Prodotto.html?idProd=97

Thank you, Maria! It is very much appreciated...

Dave