Larry G

Default Toaster Strudel Icing Recipe/product?

Does anyone know a recipe or a product that can match the icing on Toaster
Strudel? At first, I thought that the store cake icing (out of the tubes)
would do it, but it isn't buttery enough.

The toaster strudel icing is very smooth, creamy, and buttery. The closest I
can think of is the cream cheese icing on a carrot cake. Would cream cheese
approximate it?

Larry

Crystal

I think a powdered sugar icing recipe would taste the same. It's
basically powdered sugar, butter, and milk. I think this would be the
closest to that icing. Crystal

Wayne

Alan wrote in news:ssckk0lkjgc27jdlm83673ddgf0tdojmtv@
4ax.com:

wrote:

>>>However, most icings would just melt and run off the
>>>strudel.
>>>
>>>The people who make factory food know how to make something
>>>with a very dry consistency which will stick on the pastry
>>>in the toaster, and still seem like frosting when eaten.
>>>
>>>I don't know, but I assume it is baked onto the strudel at
>>>the factory. . . .

>>The icing is applied after the 'strudel' is removed from the toaster.
>>It comes in little squeeze packs in the box, one pack per 'strudel'.
>>
>>jenn

> Oh,.......yeah.
>
> Sorry, I was thinking of Pop Tart type stuff.
>
> Well, most frosting recipes which include:
> powdered sugar
> butter or margarine
> a few drops of water or milk
> some vanilla
>
> will come pretty close, I think.
> There isn't any great mystery about it, I don't think!
>
> (But, then, I was wrong about what you were talking about,
> before!)
>
>:-)

If the icing is going into the toaster, I'd omit the butter. It would
surely cause it to melt and run.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b