Rich

Default freeze uncooked apple pie

Hi

We would like to make and freeze apple pies to bake when we need them.
Can anyone help with baking instructions.
Should we let the pie defrost or can we bake it right away from the freezer,
at what temp?

Thanks

Rich

Vox Humana

"Rich" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We would like to make and freeze apple pies to bake when we need them.
> Can anyone help with baking instructions.
> Should we let the pie defrost or can we bake it right away from the

freezer,
> at what temp?
>
> Thanks

Bake it from the frozen state at the normal temperature. You will have to
add about 20 minutes or so to the baking time. In any event, your pie is
done when you see juices bubbling though the steam vents in the crust. It
will help if you bake the pie on the lowest position in the oven, preferably
on a pre-heated baking stone.

jammer

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:15:08 -0500, "Rich" >
wrote:

>Hi
>
>We would like to make and freeze apple pies to bake when we need them.
>Can anyone help with baking instructions.
>Should we let the pie defrost or can we bake it right away from the freezer,
>at what temp?
>
>Thanks
>
>Rich

Haven't you ever seen a frozen pie at the store? Bake at 350F for
about an hour. Check after 40 minutes and if the edge of the crust is
browning too much, you can cover the edges with foil.

uncooked, uncured ham Zz Yzx Barbecue 6 02-04-2010 06:57 PM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 9 02-05-2007 03:32 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 1 01-05-2007 06:10 PM
Uncooked Sausage Patscga General Cooking 10 27-11-2004 01:04 AM
Apple pie filling -freeze or can? Joy Hardie Preserving 1 12-11-2003 01:28 PM