JM

Default Bake a cake in Corning Ware?

Hello,

For my Sons first birthday, I want to bake him a small cake, but I don't
have a small cake pan, nor will I ever have the need for one again after
baking this cake.

I do have an appropriate sized Corning Ware dish, can I use that as a cake
pan?

Thanks!

Wayne

"JM" > wrote in news:7xbWc.213766$eM2.179040@attbi_s51:

> Hello,
>
> For my Sons first birthday, I want to bake him a small cake, but I
> don't have a small cake pan, nor will I ever have the need for one
> again after baking this cake.

Why? Are you getting rid of him?

> I do have an appropriate sized Corning Ware dish, can I use that as a
> cake pan?
>
> Thanks!

Reduce the baking temperature by 25 degrees F.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Vox Humana

"JM" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> For my Sons first birthday, I want to bake him a small cake, but I don't
> have a small cake pan, nor will I ever have the need for one again after
> baking this cake.
>
> I do have an appropriate sized Corning Ware dish, can I use that as a cake
> pan?

As Wayne said, you can reduce the temperature and use the Corning Ware (or
glass) pan. If you are near a Sur La Table, they have inexpensive oven-safe
paper bakeware, usually sold by the piece, that would work. In addition,
party supply stores usually carry a line of disposable aluminum bakeware
with small pans costing about 25 cents each.

Storing Corning Ware Metspitzer General Cooking 136 30-09-2013 09:33 PM
Corning Ware [email protected] General Cooking 25 01-06-2009 10:47 AM
Nordic Ware cake pans JAS Marketplace 0 06-11-2007 08:02 PM
Nordic Ware Cake Pans JAS Marketplace 0 11-10-2007 09:04 PM
Corning Ware with Pop-In Robert Love Cooking Equipment 3 26-03-2006 03:25 PM