FoodBanter.com

-   -   Bake a cake in Corning Ware? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/32321-bake-cake-corning-ware.html)

JM 23-08-2004 02:13 AM

Bake a cake in Corning Ware?

Hello,

For my Sons first birthday, I want to bake him a small cake, but I don't
have a small cake pan, nor will I ever have the need for one again after
baking this cake.

I do have an appropriate sized Corning Ware dish, can I use that as a cake
pan?

Thanks!

Wayne 23-08-2004 02:34 AM

"JM" > wrote in news:7xbWc.213766$eM2.179040@attbi_s51:

> Hello,
>
> For my Sons first birthday, I want to bake him a small cake, but I
> don't have a small cake pan, nor will I ever have the need for one
> again after baking this cake.

Why? Are you getting rid of him?

> I do have an appropriate sized Corning Ware dish, can I use that as a
> cake pan?
>
> Thanks!

Reduce the baking temperature by 25 degrees F.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Vox Humana 23-08-2004 02:49 AM

"JM" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> For my Sons first birthday, I want to bake him a small cake, but I don't
> have a small cake pan, nor will I ever have the need for one again after
> baking this cake.
>
> I do have an appropriate sized Corning Ware dish, can I use that as a cake
> pan?

As Wayne said, you can reduce the temperature and use the Corning Ware (or
glass) pan. If you are near a Sur La Table, they have inexpensive oven-safe
paper bakeware, usually sold by the piece, that would work. In addition,
party supply stores usually carry a line of disposable aluminum bakeware
with small pans costing about 25 cents each.