Cremeschnitte

Old 13-08-2004, 10:57 AM
John
Usenet poster

Default Cremeschnitte

Hello

We just came back from Slovenia where we ate wonderful cremeschnitte
in Bled and Ljubljana. On the off chance that we might be able to make
it on our own, can someone provide us with an authentic recipe?

Thanks.

John

--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Never let your schooling interfere with your education.

Old 13-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Vox Humana
Usenet poster

"John" wrote in message
Hello

We just came back from Slovenia where we ate wonderful cremeschnitte
in Bled and Ljubljana. On the off chance that we might be able to make
it on our own, can someone provide us with an authentic recipe?

Thanks.

I did a google search on "cremeschnitte" and found that it was a bar of face
soap.
http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DG

Old 18-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Nexis
Usenet poster

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
Hello

We just came back from Slovenia where we ate wonderful cremeschnitte
in Bled and Ljubljana. On the off chance that we might be able to make
it on our own, can someone provide us with an authentic recipe?

Thanks.

I did a google search on "cremeschnitte" and found that it was a bar of

face
soap.

http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DG

There is a cremeschnitte soap, yes. But there is also a dessert pastry with
the same name. Basically, you take puff pastry and cut it into rectangles,
and bake it. Then you split it through the middle horizontally. Spread the
bottom half with raspberry or apricot jam, the pastry cream that has been
lightened with whipped cream. Top with the other half and then make a glaze
with confectioners' sugar and water or lemon juice to drizzle on. You can
also sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar alone.

kimberly

Old 18-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Vox Humana
Usenet poster

"Nexis" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds a lot better than soap.

Old 25-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Dalli
Usenet poster

Hi John,

I found a recipe on http://www.fareshare.net:

Vanilla Slice " Krempita"
Recipe By ennis Valcich, Australia
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Volume 3-6, June 2000
puff pastry
6 egg yolks
150 gr sugar
150 gr flour
1 litre milk
300 ml thickening cream
1 teaspoon gelatin
1 vanilla stick
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange skin
Place pastry on flat tray and bake for 15 minutes at 220 C.
To make cream (filling), mix egg yolks with flour and some cold milk.
Boil milk with vanilla stick, sugar and orange zest. Remove vanilla
stick, pour milk slowly to egg mixture, con stantly mixing. Simmer on
very low heat for 10 minutes constantly mixing. Remove from heat and
add dissolved gelatin in some cold water. Mix well. Let the filling
cool off.
Mix vanilla sugar with some cream and add to filling while still warm.
Spread filling over baked pastry, top with whipped cream and cover
with second baked pastry sheet. Place into refrigerator and cut into
vanilla slices just before serving. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve
with fresh fruit in season.

Greetings from
Dalli