Default Amount of cake mix to use

I have a 12 x 18 x 3 (1/2 sheet) cake pan, and need to know how much mix is
required to make a half sheet sized cake. I am planning on making a
football field cake for a party this season, and need help!!!

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
k.net...
> I have a 12 x 18 x 3 (1/2 sheet) cake pan, and need to know how much mix

is
> required to make a half sheet sized cake. I am planning on making a
> football field cake for a party this season, and need help!!!

If you buy Duncan Heinz cake mixes, there is a chart printed on the INSIDE
of the box that tells you how many mixes for a specific sized pan. You can
also call their consumer hotline for the information at 800-362-9834. You
can also calculate it by measuring how many cups of water it takes to fill
the pan. Divide that number by two to figure out how many cups of batter
are required. A standard cake mix makes about 5.5 cups of batter.

Peggy

> wrote in message
k.net...
> I have a 12 x 18 x 3 (1/2 sheet) cake pan, and need to know how much mix

is
> required to make a half sheet sized cake. I am planning on making a
> football field cake for a party this season, and need help!!!

By my calculations, a 12x18x3 is 2.8 times larger in volume than a 13x9x2
pan, which holds 1 cake mix. So I'd say use 3 cake mixes.
~Peggy

Peggy

> wrote in message
k.net...
> I have a 12 x 18 x 3 (1/2 sheet) cake pan, and need to know how much mix

is
> required to make a half sheet sized cake. I am planning on making a
> football field cake for a party this season, and need help!!!

By my calculations, a 12x18x3 is 2.8 times larger in volume than a 13x9x2
pan, which holds 1 cake mix. So I'd say use 3 cake mixes.
~Peggy

Katharina

If it is a true half sheet pan you need only 2 boxes of cake mix.
I work in a school cafeteria and we convert home recipes all the time. For a
full sheet pan we use 4 times the amount called for a 9x13 pan.
If you sheet pan is the kind with the short rim you have top be careful that
your cake doesn't run over.
Katharina

Travis and Lori

I use these all the time and it depends on what type of cake you're
making. White or chocolate, 2 mixes is fine, but carrot or strawberry
don't rise as much, so 2 1/2 mixes is better if you want a nice tall 2"
cake layer.
HTH
Lori

Travis and Lori

I use these all the time and it depends on what type of cake you're
making. White or chocolate, 2 mixes is fine, but carrot or strawberry
don't rise as much, so 2 1/2 mixes is better if you want a nice tall 2"
cake layer.
HTH
Lori

Need for large amount of information skhndkr Wine 12 29-04-2007 02:40 PM
Amount of tea for this thermos? Joss Wright Tea 4 20-11-2006 12:33 AM
What is the *least* amount of oil necessary for pan frying? TheGist General Cooking 4 27-09-2006 04:36 PM
Starter Amount HUTCHNDI Sourdough 13 15-01-2005 10:46 AM
Starter Amount HUTCHNDI Sourdough 0 10-01-2005 04:46 PM