The most popular cookie in America

Old 23-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Ablang
Usenet poster

Default The most popular cookie in America

The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip, which is 1/2 of
all the cookies baked at home, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

The Kitchen Project

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey
Old 23-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Dee Randall
Usenet poster

There is a chocolate cookie that is sold in malls, and it is chocolate --
not black chocolate. It is crispy AND soft at the same time. I don't think
Mrs. Fields sells them, but since there are a million chocolate cookies, I'd
be hard pressed to get a recipe for these little gems.

Dee

Old 24-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Ablang
Usenet poster

Years ago, wasn't there some email going around where some
disgruntled person was posting a recipe for a super-popular cookie? Was
that a real recipe, or just a hoax?

Old 24-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Kevin and Ruth
Usenet poster

Did anyone ever try the cookie recipe though? I have always been curious.

"Beefat" wrote in message
On 24 Nov 2003 09:43:40 +0800, Ablang
wrote:

Years ago, wasn't there some email going around where some
disgruntled person was posting a recipe for a super-popular cookie? Was
that a real recipe, or just a hoax?

Wow...this is an OLD, OLD, OLD internet urban legend:

www.snopes2.com/business/consumer/cookie.htm

Old 24-11-2003, 08:36 PM
tgt
Usenet poster

news

wrote:

Years ago, wasn't there some email going around where some
disgruntled person was posting a recipe for a super-popular cookie?

Was
that a real recipe, or just a hoax?

Wow...this is an OLD, OLD, OLD internet urban legend:

www.snopes2.com/business/consumer/cookie.htm

I have never tried it - tons of ingredients and it looks to make a million
cookies too. I have spent the last week or so baking/freezing for the
upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday (13 people here for 5 days!). I completely,
completely, completely FORGOT about my cookie jar... but we are up our
eyeballs in sweet breads, muffins, rolls, pies, etc... so while I was at the
supermarket, I picked up a box of "America's Favorite Cookie" - Oreos!
(Just in case.) (Ha, as if.)

tgt

Old 24-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Baldy Cotton
Usenet poster

is the chocolate chip, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

And that's just in my house alone!!

It boggles the imagination.
Old 25-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady
Usenet poster

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:09:38 GMT, Baldy Cotton
wrote:

is the chocolate chip, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

And that's just in my house alone!!

It boggles the imagination.

Hehehe.

(The recipe isn't that good, btw.)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
davida @ jdc . org . il
Old 25-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Karen
Usenet poster

Kevin and Ruth wrote:
Did anyone ever try the cookie recipe though? I have always been
curious.

I've made it many times, though I halve it as the full recipe is too
much even for my Kenwood 7 quart. I have found it is even better with
good quality bitter- or semi-sweet grated chocolate rather than the milk
chocolate called for in the recipe. Not as sweet and more chocolate
intensity. I've never had any complaints and they disappear quickly when
I make them :-).

Karen

Old 30-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Randy W.
Usenet poster

The most popular cookie in America

It was a recipe for Neiman Marcus Cookies, I think. I found it a long time ago,
but I'm using a different computer. If I find it, I'll post it for you.
Post a request on some of the recipe sites. Maybe some of the copy cat recipe
sites might have what you're looking for.
Old 30-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady
Usenet poster

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On 30 Nov 2003 13:25:45 GMT, elthis (Randy
W.) wrote:

The most popular cookie in America

It was a recipe for Neiman Marcus Cookies, I think. I found it a long time ago,
but I'm using a different computer. If I find it, I'll post it for you.
Post a request on some of the recipe sites. Maybe some of the copy cat recipe
sites might have what you're looking for.

Here it is, from the site itself:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/se...t.jhtml#cookie

Old 13-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Member

Chocolate chip cookie is indeed popular in America. There are already a hundred different recipes of the chocolate chip cookie. Some are adding lemon, mint and walnuts. Just the same, the cookie will not be the same without the chocolate chip. Giant fortune cookies

Last edited by joshuadavid21 : 22-02-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablang View Post
The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip,

I love chocolate chips.
It's so very delicious. I wanted to know how to do it
Old 18-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablang View Post
The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip, which is 1/2 of
all the cookies baked at home, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

The Kitchen Project

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey
well,do you know the most popular regimen for the health of the Chinese people?
it's to drink tea at a regular time !
Old 27-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Member

Smile

The most popular cookie in America

I think It is Americankeyfood Cookies.
Old 23-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Member

That it great. I have liked chocolate chip cookies since the first time I tried one.

Request - Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Baking 15 14-11-2003 07:26 PM
Oatmeal cookie recipe Ilvbakin Baking 0 08-11-2003 05:14 AM
cookie exchange club Debra Hale-Shelton Baking 0 05-11-2003 09:08 PM
Cookie Exchange Club Newspaper Article Debra Hale-Shelton Baking 0 05-11-2003 09:05 PM
choco chip cookie recipe Jenn Baking 5 24-10-2003 12:32 PM