FoodBanter.com

-   -   The most popular cookie in America (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/174-most-popular-cookie-america.html)

Ablang 23-11-2003 02:04 AM

The most popular cookie in America

The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip, which is 1/2 of
all the cookies baked at home, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

The Kitchen Project

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

Dee Randall 23-11-2003 06:31 PM

The most popular cookie in America

There is a chocolate cookie that is sold in malls, and it is chocolate --
not black chocolate. It is crispy AND soft at the same time. I don't think
Mrs. Fields sells them, but since there are a million chocolate cookies, I'd
be hard pressed to get a recipe for these little gems.

Dee

Ablang 24-11-2003 01:43 AM

The most popular cookie in America

Years ago, wasn't there some email going around where some
disgruntled person was posting a recipe for a super-popular cookie? Was
that a real recipe, or just a hoax?

Kevin and Ruth 24-11-2003 07:56 PM

The most popular cookie in America

Did anyone ever try the cookie recipe though? I have always been curious.

tgt 24-11-2003 08:36 PM

The most popular cookie in America

"Kevin and Ruth" > wrote in message
.. .
> Did anyone ever try the cookie recipe though? I have always been curious.
>
> "Beefat" > wrote in message
> > On 24 Nov 2003 09:43:40 +0800, Ablang
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Years ago, wasn't there some email going around where some
> > >disgruntled person was posting a recipe for a super-popular cookie?

Was
> > >that a real recipe, or just a hoax?
> > >

> > Wow...this is an OLD, OLD, OLD internet urban legend:
> >
> > www.snopes2.com/business/consumer/cookie.htm

I have never tried it - tons of ingredients and it looks to make a million
cookies too. I have spent the last week or so baking/freezing for the
upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday (13 people here for 5 days!). I completely,
completely, completely FORGOT about my cookie jar... but we are up our
eyeballs in sweet breads, muffins, rolls, pies, etc... so while I was at the
supermarket, I picked up a box of "America's Favorite Cookie" - Oreos!
(Just in case.) (Ha, as if.)

tgt

Baldy Cotton 24-11-2003 10:09 PM

The most popular cookie in America

>is the chocolate chip, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

And that's just in my house alone!!

It boggles the imagination.

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady 25-11-2003 09:23 AM

The most popular cookie in America

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:09:38 GMT, Baldy Cotton
> wrote:

>>is the chocolate chip, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

>And that's just in my house alone!!
>
>It boggles the imagination.

Hehehe.

(The recipe isn't that good, btw.)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>

Karen 25-11-2003 02:27 PM

Kevin and Ruth wrote:
> Did anyone ever try the cookie recipe though? I have always been
> curious.

I've made it many times, though I halve it as the full recipe is too
much even for my Kenwood 7 quart. I have found it is even better with
good quality bitter- or semi-sweet grated chocolate rather than the milk
chocolate called for in the recipe. Not as sweet and more chocolate
intensity. I've never had any complaints and they disappear quickly when
I make them :-).

Karen

Randy W. 30-11-2003 01:25 PM

The most popular cookie in America

>The most popular cookie in America

It was a recipe for Neiman Marcus Cookies, I think. I found it a long time ago,
but I'm using a different computer. If I find it, I'll post it for you.
Post a request on some of the recipe sites. Maybe some of the copy cat recipe
sites might have what you're looking for.

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady 30-11-2003 02:47 PM

The most popular cookie in America

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On 30 Nov 2003 13:25:45 GMT, elthis (Randy
W.) wrote:

>>The most popular cookie in America

>It was a recipe for Neiman Marcus Cookies, I think. I found it a long time ago,
>but I'm using a different computer. If I find it, I'll post it for you.
>Post a request on some of the recipe sites. Maybe some of the copy cat recipe
>sites might have what you're looking for.

Here it is, from the site itself:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/se...t.jhtml#cookie

joshuadavid21 13-02-2010 08:31 AM

Chocolate chip cookie is indeed popular in America. There are already a hundred different recipes of the chocolate chip cookie. Some are adding lemon, mint and walnuts. Just the same, the cookie will not be the same without the chocolate chip. Giant fortune cookies

Sonia Francesca 10-03-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ablang (Post 857)
The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip,

I love chocolate chips.
It's so very delicious. I wanted to know how to do it

jasminesolis 18-03-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ablang (Post 857)
The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip, which is 1/2 of
all the cookies baked at home, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

The Kitchen Project

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

well,do you know the most popular regimen for the health of the Chinese people?
it's to drink tea at a regular time !

Americankeyfood 27-05-2010 10:38 AM

The most popular cookie in America

I think It is Americankeyfood Cookies.

Neil Gregory 23-06-2010 07:16 PM

That it great. I have liked chocolate chip cookies since the first time I tried one.

cycle1667 07-07-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ablang (Post 857)
The most popular cookie in America is the chocolate chip, which is 1/2 of
all the cookies baked at home, and 7 billion of them are eaten every year.

The Kitchen Project

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

This is the cookie that launched my food service career! I knew that if I became a chef I would be able to eat raw cookie dough all day long.