Suanne Wong

Default Need advice on oven temperature

The following recipe ask for moderate oven setting. Can anyone advise me on
the temperature for moderate oven?

Thanks in advance,
Sue

Buter Tart Squares

a.. 1/2 cup shortening, softened
b.. 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
c.. 1 1/4 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
Instructions
Crumble all ingredients together in a bowl. Press into an ungreased 9" pan.
Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes or until browned. Cool a bit before
adding the next layer.
Second Layer Ingredients

a.. 2 eggs
b.. 1 cup brown sugar, packed
c.. 1 tsp. flour
d.. 1/2 tsp. baking powder
e.. 1/4 tsp. salt
f.. 1/4 cup shortening, melted
g.. 1 tsp. vanilla
h.. 1 1/2 cup raisins
i.. 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)
Mix eggs and sugar with spoon. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Spread over bottom layer. Bake in a mioderate oven for about 20 minutes or
until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely. Cuts into 36 squares.

Karen

"Suanne Wong" > wrote in message
> The following recipe ask for moderate oven setting. Can anyone advise me

on
> the temperature for moderate oven?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sue
>

> Buter Tart Squares
>
> a.. 1/2 cup shortening, softened
> b.. 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
> c.. 1 1/4 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
> Instructions
> Crumble all ingredients together in a bowl. Press into an ungreased 9"

pan.
> Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes or until browned. Cool a bit before
> adding the next layer.
> Second Layer Ingredients
>
> a.. 2 eggs
> b.. 1 cup brown sugar, packed
> c.. 1 tsp. flour
> d.. 1/2 tsp. baking powder
> e.. 1/4 tsp. salt
> f.. 1/4 cup shortening, melted
> g.. 1 tsp. vanilla
> h.. 1 1/2 cup raisins
> i.. 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)
> Mix eggs and sugar with spoon. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
> Spread over bottom layer. Bake in a mioderate oven for about 20 minutes or
> until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely. Cuts into 36 squares.

I found this on RecipeGoldmine.com:

OVEN TEMPERATURE CONVERSION TABLE

Very slow oven: 250ºF 130ºC
Slow oven: 300ºF 149ºC
Moderately slow oven: 325ºF 175ºC
Moderate oven: 350ºF 176.6ºC
Moderately hot oven: 375ºF 200ºC
Hot (or quick) oven: 400ºF 204.5ºC
Very hot oven: 450ºF 232.3ºC
Extremely hot oven: 500ºF 280ºC

Hope this is helpful to you.

Karen

Member

I would appreciate such places even more if people could tell me about the recipes which are going to help me do something for my hubby on his birthday.
Being a food lover I know he would simply relish the idea of such foods and this is going to be a great delight for him. Anyway some more favorable ideas are going to be an awesome find for me.